Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just dont understand

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:08 PM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK OK... sorry couldn't see the inverted forks for all the skinny legs.
I know it's a problem of mine but I never seem to find the time to work on it.
110 you definitly have a nice bike, a rolling work of art, but with 20K into "The Extras" your not really comparing apples to apples there are you?
Stocker to stocker I think we all know which dyna bike would get down a "Proper Motorcycling Road" the quickest and with the least fanfare don't we?
I also think my money would be on Centerlines 103" FXDF, that he has nicely setup with handling oriented mods to complement his motor, vs your 110"..... even with your inverted forks on that same road.

Now go get you a FXDF and put the same dollars into it as you did the other one but spend it all on light wheels, brakes, suspension and motor and see which one you roll out of the garage when you want to "Ride to Ride" not ride to chase the poontang. And if you don't ever ride to ride then there ain't much need in asking the majority of us FatBob guys..... If we have to explain you wouldn't understand

Old 11-10-2009, 07:39 PM
screamin 110
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never tried comparing my bike to a FB thats not fair. I just think its amazing how fast the FB gained a cult following.

BTW I ride the hell out of my bike. I only get 3000 miles out of a set of tires with no burn outs. Hell I even have the rash on the forward controls, bottom of primary, and the mufflers. Maybe one day if your out this way we can go for a ride on some fantastic 2 lane twisties.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:01 PM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a winner, don't like anything more, except a ride between some skinny legs!
I'm sure you could get yourself a ride on a FB to see what the fuss is about.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:11 PM
screamin 110
Cruiser

Sounds good to me.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Bear_Bob
Novice

I was into one (looks) until I sat/rode a Street Bob. Love my Bob.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Glydiator
Tourer

I think they are awesome.. both the looks and especially the handling.

Not everyone will like them, but if you don't like either of these two, then sumthin is fundamentally wrong wit yo head boi

Attached Thumbnails I just dont understand-fatbob-awesome2.jpg   I just dont understand-fatbob-awesome.jpg  
Old 11-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The CVO paint jobs are really nice for 2010....

Old 11-11-2009, 02:41 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something's wrong with my head, boi.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Blkeye
6th Gear

I quite liked the handling aspect of the bike. The brakes worked well, the front tire has enough rubber to chuck it into a corner, doesn't make enough power to set out the *** end so you could really wind it out on a twisty road. Pegs were up high enough to not drag all the time.

For me 6' 200lbs the bike fit perfectly, bars were really nice, the thing was comfortable on the highway. For an air cooled HD is was a nice package.

The twin headlights just gives it a 'Road Warrior' look, like a British street fighter.

It was designed for a younger market for sure. Pure performance guru's will just jump right into the V-rod Muscle, but I thought this was better.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:03 PM
FlatDF
Tourer

MAN these threads bring out the worst in people! I was initially drawn to the fatbob because I'm not one to buy a 'classic' styled HD. Don't get me wrong, I think they look great, just not my style *yet*. I bought a fatbob because of the way it handled - blew my mind that a harley could handle like that, and it was a somewhat reasonable price for a big twin that came halfway to where I'd take one anyway. Fits me great (6'1" 200lbs), my wife is ok for an hour or two at a time on the back, and I'm good for at least a full tank before I need to stop and stretch.

I even like the googly eyes

Chris

Quick Reply: I just dont understand