Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bob surging

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 03:07 AM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bob surging

I have noticed the last couple of times out that whae my bike gets warm that it starts to surge. When i am coming to a stop and gearing down then pulling in the clutch is when i will notice it, the rpms will go up and the bike will kinda flutter a bit. Not sure if i described this well enough but its basically not running to great. 06 street bob se slip ons se/ac stage 1 download

Old 07-09-2006, 03:51 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Bob surging

Which injectors are you running? If you don't know, when did you buy the bike? Could be you have the 8° injectors and the problem is just starting to surface.

Old 07-09-2006, 04:09 AM
clayman
Road Master

i do hava the 8 degree injectors and the weather has just started getting hot in th last month. looks like im gonna have to talk to the dealer. has anybody else had this problem then switched to the 25 degree injectors and if so whats it like now?

Old 07-09-2006, 09:17 AM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are 2 stage one downloads for the 8 degree injectors. The first download was not (if you can believe this) tuned for slip ons, just the Air cleaner. The second download is a bit better but ultimately all of these downloads are lean and cater to the EPA rather then a good running bike.

Here is pic of the A/F table which is identical on all closed loop bikes. No tuner in their right mind would setup a bike like this. Fixing this table is a big part of fixing some of the issues with these bikes and why there is no contest which tuning aid on closed loop systems is the best which, of course, is the SERT.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:05 PM
clayman
Road Master

FL_799. I have a sert on order it should hopefully be here this week, i will be putting on my V&H BSS. Do you have numbers for this set up. Do you think i will need to get the 25 degree injectors also.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:20 PM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: clayman

FL_799. I have a sert on order it should hopefully be here this week, i will be putting on my V&H BSS. Do you have numbers for this set up. Do you think i will need to get the 25 degree injectors also.
I don't think you will need the 25's. Myself and quite a few others (FL_799 and JamieWG included) have 8 degree injectors and have manipulated the SERT maps to perfection. My bike runs perfect and has a ton of power with the 8 degree injectors. Of course it's your choice if you choose to swap or not but I'm just letting you know that it's not totally necessary. I have Pythons Staggered Duals which are the exact same pipes as the V&H BSS so if and when you get your SERT and install your pipes I can send you my map and you'll be pretty much set, though you may wish to do some fine tuning for yourself as every bike is a little different. I can tell you though that my map has been extensively data logged and I've found the best possible combination for my setup as far as driveability and power. I also created a map for another forum member who has the same setup (except having 25's) and his bike is running perfectly. The only difference between the 8's and the 25's within the SERT software is the VE tables and I mapped his VE tables and he's running great.

Old 07-09-2006, 05:35 PM
clayman
Road Master

Powercobra. Thanks, i will take you up on that when i get the sert, i will pm you then. Thanks agaim for the info