Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got that new ice cream paint job! ..lol

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:32 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by CRZYLGZZ
Adrian, what about the Decals, and opposing Pinstripes, Green stripe on the black side, black stripe on the green side.

Just an Idea to put out there.
would be dope to lay some basic pin striping out, you can get stencils man, then lay your striping down. where it is black lay the green, green lay the black, and the white lay red... would give it a very cool effect for very little work!
just lay down the stencil, tape off the sections, and lay paint... done..
That's actually exactly what I was planning on doing. I got some dudes business card at the bike show sunday that does some wicked good pinstriping. So I think I'll have him do it up when I'm ready. I hate having the tank look so bare right now.

Joe: Is that mirror a right side mirror? When you flip the mirrors, they go on opposite sides, ya know? I'll send ya a PM.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Samhaine
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job ,I like it....I agree with the pin-striping,,I think you might want to do something with the console to keep the flow of the paint all the way down the bike,I would suggest to carry the center strip all the way though,,and waffle cone the seat..

Old 11-02-2009, 05:50 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya know if ya wanted, add a chrome accent to add onto the HD decal ok just an idea lol .

Old 11-02-2009, 06:55 PM
jwlehman
Road Master

I think it looks great! Wish I had a steady enough hand to do that. When I get the $$$ together, I want do my FB in OD green with aged looking USMC to replace the badges, and other accessories to flavor it up. Was also thinking of a denim finish (not sure which color) that would look good with the distressed leather seat. It sucks to be color blind!!! (dont laugh).

Old 11-02-2009, 07:23 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jwlehman
I think it looks great! Wish I had a steady enough hand to do that. When I get the $$$ together, I want do my FB in OD green with aged looking USMC to replace the badges, and other accessories to flavor it up. Was also thinking of a denim finish (not sure which color) that would look good with the distressed leather seat. It sucks to be color blind!!! (dont laugh).
HA HA HA!! I mean..... OH, damn man.. that sucks bro! LOL!!

Yeah, I kind of wish I wish I went all OD green instead of the black and kept the white stripe. But whatever, I think it still looks damn good. I wish I would have spent more time wet sanding however... there are some ripples in the paint, but not very noticeable unless you are looking at it up close and looking for it.

I'll definitely be doing this paint job again, and this time, it will be done with no time limit in mind that way I don't rush myself.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:56 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Default still say!!!

Originally Posted by jwlehman

Still say your scoot is dropped, your ride has a sick slope to it, she just flows smoothly.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:46 PM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I love out of the box thinking. Looks FANtastic. The pin stripe theme being discussed will really pull it all together. Great job!
By the way, it really isnt funny being color blind. My blue bike looks black to me in the sun. But that's okay, I wanted a black bike to begin with, and until told differently what I thought I was buying...

Last edited by rocknrick; 11-02-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 PM
cjm8806
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cream on the inside clean on the outside, ha .
Looks good, i like the fact that you probably wont ever see a bike painted like that.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:23 AM
t3h_clap
Cruiser

Are the rims big? Do it ride good? -Dorrough

:lol:

Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cjm8806
Cream on the inside clean on the outside, ha .
Looks good, i like the fact that you probably wont ever see a bike painted like that.
Are the rims big? Do it ride good? -Dorrough

:lol:
hahahahah! You guys are crazy. That song is so stupid but for some reason I like it.

Yeah, I like the fact that my paint job is one of a kind type deal. It's different, and thats what I like about it, ya know?

Thanks for the compliments fella's.

I love out of the box thinking. Looks FANtastic. The pin stripe theme being discussed will really pull it all together. Great job!
By the way, it really isnt funny being color blind. My blue bike looks black to me in the sun. But that's okay, I wanted a black bike to begin with, and until told differently what I thought I was buying...
Thanks man. I agree, once the pinstripes get put on, it'll look way better. I'll get it done soon enough I'm sure.

Quick Reply: Got that new ice cream paint job! ..lol