Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered the Superbrace and True-Track

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 04:59 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,863 Likes on 2,428 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by fatmatmang90
It helps because fenders are made of thin metal and yes,the axle keeps bottom of the sliders in place but what about the top? Fender's not going to do it. If you don't believe me, the next time you see small dirt bike with telescopic forks strapped down in the back of a truck, turn the bars. Watch it twist. If you don't like an out of place chunk of chrome, powder coat it black.
There was a firm San Jose who made fork struts for pushrod BMWs way back when. Improved the handling of my RS a treat and also showed the industry how easy it is to make a fender strut-***-brace that works. Recent Harleys with 49mm forks are probably much better off than other models, as their fork tubes should be much stiffer than the spindly things of yore, but I do find it disappointing that strong stiff mudguard stays are not routine.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Splandman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Screaming Eagle for brace powder coated black sitting on a shelf in my garage. Haven't got around to installing it yet. I also have a set of Ricor shocks on the way. Still need the TT but the next thing I need to decide on is the front suspension help.

Will be interesting for me to see if I can tell a difference with the brace after reading this discussion. I mainly bought it because I knew they helped a ton on my old Z1/KZ bikes. Those have notoriously bad front ends though.