Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered the Superbrace and True-Track

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 03:53 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,863 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Horrell
Now if the
True Track doesn't make an immediate difference, I'll be really steamed..
In my experience you WILL notice the benefit of your TT even on a smooth road, riding in a straight line! Once you get onto country roads and bends you will understand why those of us who have them are so enthusiastic about them. I also have one on my old Glide and fitted both about 18 months ago.

If only Harley designed these things in from the outset (like they do on all Buells and rubber Sportsters), we would have less to talk about!

Old 10-29-2009, 05:28 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have both on my bike, and I will never remove them. Both are great products. Also look into some sort of improved fork spring, for me, I went with Works.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:10 PM
yso191
Club Member

Originally Posted by MZBuckeye
I have both on my bike, and I will never remove them. Both are great products. Also look into some sort of improved fork spring, for me, I went with Works.
Ditto. I'm in the suspension/handling improvement mode. Last couple of months I've put the Superbrace & True-Track on. I just about have the $$ for Ricor Intiminators, then its on to Ohlins shocks. Can't wait!

Steve

Old 10-30-2009, 03:30 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by yso191
Ditto. I'm in the suspension/handling improvement mode. Last couple of months I've put the Superbrace & True-Track on. I just about have the $$ for Ricor Intiminators, then its on to Ohlins shocks. Can't wait!

Steve
I'm on the same mission for my Glide. Cash is tight at present, but Ohlins and possibly X-Factor fork inserts are on my list. Have you discovered Howard at Motorcycle Metal? He is an HDF sponsor who does Ohlins at discount for members and builds them to your requirements. Howard and his Ohlins get plenty of mention over in the Touring forum.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:08 PM
yso191
Club Member

Yes. He is who I will be getting them from. Hopefully in Jan./Feb.

Steve

Old 10-30-2009, 01:30 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

superbrace works. I have 41mm wideglide front. Before superbrace if I held the front brake and pushed down on the front, the fender would move visibly off of it's plane(indicating the flexing or twisting of the fork lowers). Now it moves strictly up and down without any off plane movement.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:54 PM
INTHERED
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone make a fork brace out of small piece of steel instead of a big chunk of aluminum ? I can't deal with that big chunky look !

Inthered

Old 10-31-2009, 05:49 AM
grbrown
Club Member

Originally Posted by INTHERED
Does anyone make a fork brace out of small piece of steel instead of a big chunk of aluminum ? I can't deal with that big chunky look !

Inthered
Post #16 shows the only other style of brace I have come across. To be effective any brace needs significant strength and that can only be achieved with plenty of metal! A steel alternative to the superbrace could be thinner between the legs, but would not be significantly smaller, as it has to grip each fork leg and have somewhere for the clamping screws to go. Would a black one help, or same colour as the rest of your bike?!

Old 10-31-2009, 10:39 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Fork brace is a function over form mod, IMO. I personally think it looks just fine.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:19 AM
fatmatmang90
Novice

It helps because fenders are made of thin metal and yes,the axle keeps bottom of the sliders in place but what about the top? Fender's not going to do it. If you don't believe me, the next time you see small dirt bike with telescopic forks strapped down in the back of a truck, turn the bars. Watch it twist. If you don't like an out of place chunk of chrome, powder coat it black.

Quick Reply: Just ordered the Superbrace and True-Track