Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race tuner

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 04:09 PM
kazanimo
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Race tuner

going to install race tuner v&h short shots and s/e stage 1 ac this weekend . just wondering about tuner should i just install a map from harley and give it a try or should i have the bike dyno tuned. i know dyno will equal more hp and probably run better but was wondering if anyone installed race tuner w/o dyno tune and how well the bike ran. should i install the map just to ride it to the dyno.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:16 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i have done this many times! you can get a canned map, only reason for a dyno is motor work like cams and heads

Old 10-23-2009, 04:53 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Try contacting Latus HD and see if they have a dyno map. I got mine for $50.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:55 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think a properly dyno'ed tuner makes a difference. just search for adrian vail's experience between a canned map and a expertly dyno'ed tuner. Big difference in his case(and many more have experienced this as well).

Old 10-23-2009, 09:50 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your bike is new enough to have O2 sensors, the best thing to do for about the same money is to buy a TTS instead of the HD race tuner and tune the bike yourself.

If you have a O2 bike, the ECU will compensate for the pipes, etc at idle and cruise. It may not run as well as you like at WOT, but you can ride it anywhere.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:37 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

+1 on the TTS by mastertune. They are the ones who made my gen1 SERT. Now SPX makes the SEST. But the mastertune is a better unit because you can tune the bike yourself with it. Both are about the same $$.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:11 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i can not argue at all that a dyno will get you spot on and the bike running tops... you can get away with a canned map then fiddle with ti to make it work for the bike, Eric helped me dial mine in after i found a close map that worked, after that i have just made small adjustments here and there and she rips!
that said, after my motor is done this winter i am going to have her dialed on on a dyno,
also my cafe is goign in next week to be dyno tuned ha ha ha so i do respect it!
but it is $$$$

Old 10-24-2009, 11:28 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
+1 on the TTS by mastertune. They are the ones who made my gen1 SERT. Now SPX makes the SEST. But the mastertune is a better unit because you can tune the bike yourself with it. Both are about the same $$.
+2 on the TTS. You'll actually get the software to keep from Mastertune. If you buy the SERT, you don't get the software.... it's a huge ripoff.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:16 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Listen to these guys about looking at all your options...TTS will work good for you, research your options! If that's gonna be the extent of your engine mods I would never consider a race tuner...way too expensive not to mention the extensive dyno time compared to the other options! Even if you get into headwork, cams, ect. These other options work just fine & save you money IMO!

Old 10-24-2009, 04:01 PM
kazanimo
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

too late guys already have have the sert. although i did get a great deal on it 225 bucks brand new in box. thanks for help guess i will just dyno it.

Quick Reply: Race tuner