Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob vs Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 09:23 PM
firebrick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since this is an opinion forum, always loved the old wide glide, seemed like the
"true" harley in my eyes, my opinion, been through many bikes, my 07 looks real, the new wideglide looks like a "punked"out version, one that wont last...my opinion..

Old 10-23-2009, 09:26 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If Harley's aim is to attract the under 50 crowd... the wideglide fit's the bill.... I for one think it is the hottest bike in their lineup. 41 in december going on 30.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts

Also, WG has a narrower tank and it's also lifted 2"(tank). Gives the bike a completely differant look. I don't think they look at all alike, besides the exhaust...

Old 10-24-2009, 07:49 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

As far as the two bikes looking alike....
The Fat Bob used the same tank as the previous generation wide glide, and the same rear fender(I know, it's wider, but it looks the same). The new wide glide uses the same stock exhaust as the Fat Bob. That's really where the similarities end. Every thing else goes a different direction.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:45 AM
dklanecky
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't care for the first new 2010 WG I saw in Vivid black. Then yesterday I saw onw ithe the Vivid Black / Flames paint job, and it does look NICE!! That narrow front tire and single front disc, and all the extra rake would stop me from buying it though.

I still like the Fat Bob.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:00 AM
imrotton2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the fat bob is a nice lookn scooter... then i rode one with foward controls,,, bike ran great but comfort was nowhere.. my 78 sporty is more comfy .. i think it needs floorboards and some kind of pull back risers ... i felt like i was trying to touch my toes(kinda like this--->---)

Old 10-24-2009, 06:07 PM
RogerDC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08fxdf43202
Yes, the fender width & hole pattern for mounting them to the frame struts are the same on both fenders... a direct bolt on.

However; minor modification for the signal & license plate light wiring will be required. This is easily done with a Run/Stop/Turn module & side mount plate holder. I used LED bolts (@ $30) to light the plate using the factory tail light wiring.

Oh... and the FB strut covers won't work... and the shorter Dyna covers won't work with the FB shocks. I haven't really looked at the 2010 WG covers, but if the WG uses FB shocks... then those covers would work.

Planning on doing the same thing with my ride, but was looking to mount the license plate frame to the swingarm bolt vertically. Could you post some pics of the front? Looks like you did some interesting stuff with the lights but I can't get a good look at this angle. Beautiful job, by the way. And are you thinking of filling up the space under the fender with a bigger tire? Thanks for the input.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:51 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RogerDC
...Could you post some pics of the front? Looks like you did some interesting stuff with the lights but I can't get a good look at this angle. Beautiful job, by the way. And are you thinking of filling up the space under the fender with a bigger tire? Thanks for the input.
The front sigs are relocated to just under the top tree on the fork tubes, which have been slid up the trees 1". The internally wired 1" bars, from a Low Rider, are on 6" pull back risers. The brake line is from a Road King, the clutch & throttle cables are from a Street Bob.

The space under the rear fender is just right for the stock 180mm on 1.75" lowering blocks. I've got 10,000+ miles on the first two rear tires... so I'm stickin' with em.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:07 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

I didn't like the FatBob when it came out...Didn't like the fat front tire and the dual headlights. So, in 2008 I went with the Rocker C instead. Now, when I saw the Wide Glide I had to have it, so went that route. The only thing I don't like about it is the back fender, so a FatBob rear fender will eventually end up on it. Just not willing to spend $189 at the dealer for it!

Old 10-24-2009, 09:33 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

The WG with the flames is pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob vs Wide Glide