Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird thing happening at 112 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Pixs
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weird thing happening at 112 MPH

ORIGINAL: otterbob

For those of you condemning the high speed, do you have your rev-limiters set to 3k?
Otter:

You're too polite. Someone once told me that there were only two kinds of people; bikers and pussies with 20 grand.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:10 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TOMMAY

Craig,why don't you get one of those little windvest windshields. They're small enough that they don't look bad and they do a great job of knocking the wind off your chest at high speed and the little lip at the tops kicks the bugs up and away from you. Believe me, the Gulf Coast has plenty of bugs,my windshield will be literally plastered with bugs sometimes and nary a one has hit me and I'm looking a inch or two above the top of the sheild.

One of the best things I've done,thought I'd just use mine occasionally and I never take it off.

Good Luck

Tom

I might have to do that. Especially if it's something I can pop on and off easily. I'll check it out.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:34 AM
5701andbroke
Advanced

ORIGINAL: WildBill76

Buy Track Time ! You newbies make all responsible long term bikers look bad. Instead of being selfish,and self gratifying, think what the public thinks when you endanger everyones life and property at those speeds.
I got your newbies hanging, MildBill76!!! I have been up on two wheels more than 30 years, most of them wearing a patch. If I want to go as fast as my bike will go, it's what I'm gonna do. Don't care what the publik or you thinks. The big question is whether to pull over when you see that cop that sees you. I've had the good fortune of outrunning them on 3 different occasions and that's a rush you will never know. You go ahead and ride your version of a safe speed but stay in the right lane cause I don't need you in my way. And maybe a vespa is a wise choice for you.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:56 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,110 Likes on 2,120 Posts

ORIGINAL: 5701andbroke

Buy Track Time ! You newbies make all responsible long term bikers look bad. Instead of being selfish,and self gratifying, think what the public thinks when you endanger everyones life and property at those speeds.
I got your newbies hanging, MildBill76!!! I have been up on two wheels more than 30 years, most of them wearing a patch. If I want to go as fast as my bike will go, it's what I'm gonna do. Don't care what the publik or you thinks. The big question is whether to pull over when you see that cop that sees you. I've had the good fortune of outrunning them on 3 different occasions and that's a rush you will never know. You go ahead and ride your version of a safe speed but stay in the right lane cause I don't need you in my way. And maybe a vespa is a wise choice for you.
Good one 5701. Well put.

I've outrun the cops a lot, back in the 1960s.
After a while, they got pizzed off and set up a sting.
Got me good..
I wanted to do it last week, but thought better. $200 ticket.
Shoulda gone for it, but I got my oldbies hangin.

WILD bill and the rest get out of the passing lane, it is there for a reason.
And hang up that phone.

ride safe,
mud

Old 07-11-2006, 02:56 PM
FASTFXD
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: mudpuddle

ORIGINAL: 5701andbroke

Good one 5701. Well put.

I've outrun the cops a lot, back in the 1960s.
After a while, they got pizzed off and set up a sting.
Got me good..
I wanted to do it last week, but thought better. $200 ticket.
Shoulda gone for it, but I got my oldbies hangin.

WILD bill and the rest get out of the passing lane, it is there for a reason.
And hang up that phone.

ride safe,
mud
ROTFLMFAO!!! Hell yes!

Got me thinking of my late 60s/early 70s youth! Out ran them a few times myself back then: Night time. Enduro. Went right up the side of the freeway, killed the lights, crossed over a pedestrian bridge and that was that. Day time. Custom 750 Honda. Freeway again. Got off, made a few turns and got lost in traffic before they could radio ahead. Different times.

Still enjoy "moving along smartly" but these days, think I'd just politely take the ticket.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LIVE FAST, DIE FUN

Old 07-13-2006, 06:08 PM
WildBill76
Tourer

High speed is just fine on a track. I have enjoyed speeds well in excess of 150 MPH on a Track. It is just not the smart thing to do on a public road. 1. Roads are in poor condition, 2. Someone could back out in front of you. 3. Some Child could chase a ball into the road. Plus Track time most likely costs less than a Reckless Operation Ticket, plus the resulting increase in insurance rates. Plus buying track time can hone anyones riding skills. I have about 1 million biker miles under my belt and I learn something new everytime I ride. And to the guy with the Patch, so do I, but that does not make me Super Bikerman.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:26 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

Point well taken however I would not go to the trouble of "buying track time" for a once-in-a-while-for-two-mintues sort of thing and do not know of a local track that would cater to such anyway. I have no interest in racing against others or the clock. This sort of thing is never planned more than a few minutes in advance anyway. Spontaneous, if you will.

1. I would never do it on an unknown stretch of road

2. I would never do it in a residential area

3. I would never do it in a residential area

Old 07-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,298 Likes on 1,407 Posts

ORIGINAL: CraigC

Point well taken however I would not go to the trouble of "buying track time" for a once-in-a-while-for-two-mintues sort of thing and do not know of a local track that would cater to such anyway. I have no interest in racing against others or the clock. This sort of thing is never planned more than a few minutes in advance anyway. Spontaneous, if you will.

1. I would never do it on an unknown stretch of road

2. I would never do it in a residential area

3. I would never do it in a residential area

Egg zact ly there's places to do it with ease out here in the wild West.
I've done 112 in 4th on my bagger and don't think I'll try and top her out in 5th.

Name:  7406049.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  46.8 KB

Old 07-14-2006, 02:49 AM
gottaguy
Cruiser

if your speedo reads 120 why not go for it. while working at a dealers parts counter i had more "riders" ask me about doing 103 kits. talked them all out of it as not one of the interested parties rode more then 5-10 mph over the limit!!! what a waste. did suggest they learn and practice taking their gears up more before shifting. most of them thanked me afterwards.
as for the right road to speed on. some of you have never left work and had to deal with ******** puttering along averaging 10 under the limit. pass one pass em all it's easy
well for some of us..............

granted the way people drive or lack of driving does give pause to "speeding"

faster faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death
life begins # 160

Quick Reply: Weird thing happening at 112 MPH