Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin "Dual Tour" seat fitment trouble on 98 Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Corbin "Dual Tour" seat fitment trouble on 98 Wide Glide

Hello,

I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced trouble with your Corbin Dual Tour seat damaging your rear fender due to poor fitment, and what you've done about it. I had to take my seat and bike to Corbin (I live close by) to get it's poor fit adjusted, and the adjustment only made it worse.

The fit has put a substantial dent on each side of my fender as well as another two substantial scuffs, all where thes rubber support bumpers contact my fender when the seat's loaded the weight of a rider and passenger.

Because I dont expect many people have this seat, I'm going to place this post on a couple of different forums, but I'll update here with whatever replies I get elsewhere.

Thanks!

Old 10-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch! Sorry to see this.

I have this seat on my '08 Fat Bob and have no scuffing, denting, etc. Very happy with the seat, and my girlfriend LOVES it.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Le Gras
Ouch! Sorry to see this.

I have this seat on my '08 Fat Bob and have no scuffing, denting, etc. Very happy with the seat, and my girlfriend LOVES it.
It pretty much sucks because I have two Corbin seats: the Dual Tour for when I'm taking my lady with me, and a solo saddle. My fender is so beat up from the Dual Tour that I'm ebarassed to run the solo saddle becase they marks from the Dual Tour are very visible.

Why Corbin couldn't simply duplicate the attachment method from a stock Wide Glide is beyond me. Had they done so, this problem would never have happened and, from what I'm reading, this problem is common across various models of bikes and Corbin seats: Mine is not an exception to the norm.