Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide Glide Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
My3Suns
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springer Front End

Originally Posted by man4mopar
Thanks, I really dig the look of your wg also. That paint scheme is very nice. Has a real nice classic look to it.
Can you post some close up pics of that springer front end. I have an 07WG that I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Thanks

Old 04-27-2009, 11:58 AM
My3Suns
Intermediate

That's hwy robbery - Good find and happy rid'n!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:37 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by My3Suns
Can you post some close up pics of that springer front end. I have an 07WG that I was thinking about doing the same thing.
Here is my post of the project which may help you out. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-it-comes.html

It is a Dragon springer from American Suspension. Here is the manufacturers site http://www.bikebuildersbible.com/

Here are some other springer manufacturers.
http://www.paughco.com/2008-catalog/pages/01-00.html
http://www.redneckengineering.com/front_ends.htm
http://www.jeris-springer.com/
What ever springer you go with you will want 0 offset trees and to have the downtubes in line with the neck shaft. Your trail will be way off if not.

Originally Posted by My3Suns
That's hwy robbery - Good find and happy rid'n!
Does that mean you found the post and cost? Or commenting on something else? Anyway if you go springer the info in the above linked post may have some helpful info for you.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:06 PM
My3Suns
Intermediate
Default Latest reply

That comment was for a poster that said he got his WG for 12.5K . I appreciate the threads...great work on the winter mods

Old 04-28-2009, 01:30 PM
GSlone
Intermediate
Default Another Wide Glide Owner

Count me in - 01 FXDWG

Old 04-28-2009, 04:48 PM
RKLeo
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysonL
What kind of cover is that over the a/c ?

Hi Jayson,

That is the infamous Mud Mod. It is a cut football cover. I just took the trim ring off to reveal the chrome. You wouldnt believe how many people ask me about it.

Thanks again to Mud

Old 04-28-2009, 05:19 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TIDE
Hi Jayson,

That is the infamous Mud Mod. It is a cut football cover. I just took the trim ring off to reveal the chrome. You wouldnt believe how many people ask me about it.

Thanks again to Mud
Ah , I have been thinking of cutting my a/c like that. I thought that's what it was, but wasn't sure.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:24 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jptaylor2
new to the boards

2001 fxdwg. here's what i know about it. its a factory custom paint orange pearl metallic/black pearl metallic. #1 of 77. it is a factory 95ci bike and was bought new at chattahoochee harley in columbus georgia by a guy who works with me. i went to chattahoochee and talked to them about the bike and they said that the original dealer invoice sheet shows no indication of designation(ie.FXDWG) but only SPO. the salesman at chatt. said that SPO was Special Production Order and that they had done several over the years. he said to the best of his recollection it was one of 5 WillieG bikes they got at one time. ive never seen the colors anywhere else and when it got knocked over bout a year ago i had to pull the tank and have chatt. send it back to harley for repair and paint cause they wouldnt release the paint code(not even to chatt). they may have been shooting me a line of crap but thats the line i got. id love to see if anyone else has seen one like this.
MAN WOULD I LOVE TO HAVE THAT BIKE !! Very nice man, very nice !!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:29 PM
bsk116
Cruiser

Man I like the V & H BSS on the glide!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:41 PM
bsk116
Cruiser

Has anyone replaced the stock battery band? I bought a used chrome skull band and it looks like the only method to secure it is with black adhesive tape. It makes me a little nervous that it might fall off while riding.

Quick Reply: Wide Glide Roll Call