Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2010 Bucket of Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 09:55 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like others have said nothing wrong with the floating rotor but the pads are not that great, mine vibrated for about the first 6 months then gradually quit.I still have the stock pads, will be upgrading to lyndals as soon as they wear out.Standard length Progressive fork springs with 15wt oil are money well spent, yes there are better front end set ups I.E. Race Tech emulators and straight rate springs but you'll run out of lean angle long before you run out of suspension.And don't go with any shocks shorter than 11.5" you will not like the handling or ride quality, ask me how I know.Welcome to Harley world the most expensive project bike money can buy.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:03 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I love these posts!

~Joe

Old 10-18-2009, 10:22 PM
rbartick
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty_T
My new 2010 FXDB rides like a champ..
My 2010 FXDWG also rides like a champ.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:56 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
I still have the stock pads, will be upgrading to lyndals as soon as they wear out.
As soon as you make the switch to Lyndalls, you'll wish you had gone with something else or just stuck with the stock pads. The Lyndalls don't work any better, and they are noisy as hell (squeal like crazy). At best, they *might* cut down some amount of brake dust. The only real advantage Lyndalls offer over OEM pads, is they allow you to spend more money.

As for Harley using cheap parts. Huh?
Almost any other bike, you get chromed plastic.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rbartick
My 2010 FXDWG also rides like a champ.
hell my 2007 runs like a raped ape!!

Old 10-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My bike had some electrical issues out of the box, but once that was sorted it’s been a pleasure!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Toplink
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No issues with my 08, well just one issue I am seriously jealous of all the mods these guys have completed. lol

Old 10-19-2009, 05:18 PM
reded
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually Harleys are kinda crappy built. Look at the hardware for example. It looks like it was built using the spare bolt bins lying around at my local small town hardware store. You damn near need to empty out your toolbox just to get anything done while wrenching on it. You can completely disassemble/reassemble a jap bike using a phillips screwdriver, along with an 8, 10, 12 and 14mm wrench set. I have yet to figure out why they feel the need to use so many different types of hardware and fasteners. For the money, I wouldn't mind a little chrome on a few of those oddball bolts either. Come on, just an odd collection of galvanized bolts? Thats classy!

The suspension is THE cheapest stuff that Showa makes. The stock air filter lets as much dirt through as it keeps out, may as well be a screen. As far as the chrome, well, I haven't seen the chrome fall off of too many of those plastic bikes either, and when it does it damn sure wont rust.

All of this for $15-20,000 and we keep on buying.

Last edited by reded; 10-19-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:19 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you remove the floaters and replace them with fixed disk you are moving backwards, not forwards. Floaters are a superior design, don't change them unless you're replacing them with a superior aftermarket floater.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Toplink
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your thoughts (reded) But I disagree and can olny speek for me. I had most of the others and they are made ok to.
disassemble/reassemble a jap bike using a phillips screwdriver,
I can't tell how many phillips head screws that got ? up trying to remove, give me a allen or hex any day. No issues with my 08 not that somthing could go. But I love my Dyna

Last edited by Toplink; 10-20-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply: New 2010 Bucket of Bolts