Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is the street bob the "must have" Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:48 AM
mark0763
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

huge fan of the wideglides always have been but the paint on the 08' was the copper and black which was jsut wrong to do to sucha bad a$$ bike i hate that color scheme so i thought about a night train but then i seen that denim black bob and abot a 1000 ideas ran threw my head once i seen it so i bought it started making it my own one piece at a time.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rastajacob
I see alot more of these out now than any other model. They are sick and I almost picked up one myself, but I got a better deal (ironically) on an FXDC. What do you all think?
Indeed it is, as are all the rest of the fabulous Dynas, with the notable exception of the FXDF Fat Bob. I mean, that stupid Fat Bob comes with the added weight handicap of TWO ACTUAL front disc brakes, like anyone riding the more capable (twisty road) Dynas would be interested of some additional braking capability, and the fade reducing ability of dual front discs.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:38 PM
swilcoxaz
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mark0763
huge fan of the wideglides always have been but the paint on the 08' was the copper and black which was jsut wrong to do to sucha bad a$$ bike i hate that color scheme so i thought about a night train but then i seen that denim black bob and abot a 1000 ideas ran threw my head once i seen it so i bought it started making it my own one piece at a time.
I hated the Duracell paint job on the 08's also but I had to have a Wide Glide. This is my '08 now:

Attached Thumbnails is the street bob the "must have" Dyna?-fxdwg-sm.jpg  
Old 10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
There's no such thing as a "must have dyna". You can have a must have bagger or touing bike,but no dyna is a must have. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but that's the way I see it.
Baggers are for Fat chicks that would look silly on a Dyna...anything a bagger can do so can a Dyna... who wants to ride round with two huge fridges strapped to their fender struts ?.

just MO and no hard feelings... ; )

Old 10-20-2009, 02:57 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Back in 1972 I was with a club on the east coast, and quite a few of us purchased new FX 1200 SuperGlides. The Shovelhead FX Dyna model was considered a fast 'top of the line' bike back in the day...

First thing most of us did was to install forward controls and 4" over tubes...

One of the reasons I like the Dyna WideGlide so much is that it reminds me of an 'modern upgraded version' of the old FX SuperGlides that we set up with forwards and extended front end.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:45 PM
ElusiveThorn
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Fat Bob which I thought looked ugly as hell stock. But after changing out everything including going to a 103 ci I love it. The Street Bob is a great looking bike right off the bat with awesome custom options.

Also, the Dual front brakes are really sweet to have.

Last edited by ElusiveThorn; 10-20-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:57 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For me it was the must have dyna at the time....I considered the nightrain but couldn't abide the sloppy handling and RUB appeal of a softail. I intentionally waited until the Fatbobs came out so I could compare - I liked the dual discs and beefy front end of the FB but knew right away that I'd have to change the exhaust, lose the dual headlights (fuggin hideous) and the drag bars....basically I was gonna pay more for the FB then have to put in a couple of grand more on top of that to make it look more like a streetbob.......that sealed it for me. I have the '08 so it has the full rear fender and black engine....if I was looking in 09 no way would I have got the SB - I hate the bobbed rear fender, limp dick tailight and silver motor. 09 and up it would be the Fatbob (with significant changes as described above)

I do wish my SB had dual discs up front though..............

Last edited by CRF; 10-20-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:07 PM
RogerDC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ElusiveThorn
I have a Fat Bob which I thought looked ugly as hell stock. But after changing out everything including going to a 103 ci I love it. The Street Bob is a great looking bike right off the bat with awesome custom options.

Also, the Dual front brakes are really sweet to have.
What else did you change?

Old 10-20-2009, 09:39 PM
yorgo
Advanced

The SuperGlide IS the Dyna to get.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:18 PM
sycle1
Tourer
Smile

I think the Harley designers got the Dyna's sizing right, they fit most people comfortably.
I think My 08 streetbob is probably the most comfortable bike I have ever owned.
Its not very standard anymore but it fits my 5'10" size perfectly.

08 FXDB Black denim, forward controls, vance and Hines Big shots staggered, SE AC, driving lights, Ohlins shocks, Progressive front springs, true track, black triple trees, black fork legs, black engine bar, Dyna hard bags, Burleigh bars Rams horns, Renegade Monterey front wheel.
Deuce chrome back wheel. Kuryaykn iso grips and Kuryaykn Dually footpegs, black rocker covers etc etc

Quick Reply: is the street bob the "must have" Dyna?