Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is the street bob the "must have" Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 PM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I first tried a Superglide but it sold before I bought it, then bought a Street Bob, never regretted it. I have it set up more Superglide style than bobber, but to each his own.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Supergo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loved my 2007 Street Bob, thought it had the right mix of blacked out parts and chrome parts, and the price was good. I never liked the fender on pre 08 WG, but when I saw the 2010 WG I traded in my beloved Street Bob, and now I have a new favorite.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Nut
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok..the street bob was the one that really grabbed my attention. I had my heart set and choice made...then I began questioning if I were too big a guy for it. I'm 6'1" and 250. I've since talked myself into the fat bob because of it.
How big is too big for the street bob? Thanks guys...

Nut

Last edited by Nut; 02-08-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:38 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

My manual did not come with a sizing chart. Only you can decide if the bike is to big or to small.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Nut
Intermediate

Originally Posted by editbrain
My manual did not come with a sizing chart. Only you can decide if the bike is to big or to small.
Well, good thing I didn't ask for what your manual said, huh...just wanted an opinion. Thanks..

Old 02-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Swede405
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nut
Well, good thing I didn't ask for what your manual said, huh...just wanted an opinion. Thanks..
Try searching for your answer first next time. And if you still have questions try to post it in a more appropriate and recent thread. This one is over two years old.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:57 AM
WarLizard
Banned

Re:" My manual did not come with a sizing chart. Only you can decide if the bike is to big or to small." Not entirely true. Of course you can buy and ride anything you like, but whether you are too big is often better judged by others. You may be semi-comfortable and still look like an idiot. Best bet is to take care of yourself and not have to worry about it. Keep in relatively good shape and then you can ride whatever you like, unless you are a midget, of course. Back to the thread, the FBob is my favorite. The new WG looks good too, other models are too narrow and sportster looking. Not a fan of apes, I can't see sacrificing handling to look cool, and thats debatable. To each his own.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:42 AM
Denny69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're all good. However, I think the WG looks the best of all with 2-2 exhaust, SB looks the best with 2-1. IMO

Old 02-09-2011, 02:47 AM
needlevictim
Advanced

no harley has ever been perfect to me as it stands stock, when i bought mine i bought it used, for the reason that it was the closest fitting to what i had planned for it. i think the streetbob in particular appeals to most people as its a really obviously stripped down platform so many people can imagine little changes and mods they would like to do to it, adding items rather than removing them. for instance its harder to imagine the change to a bike already furnished with lots of extra chrome parts and accessories on it as stock, than it is to imagine your own changes to a ready and willing stripped down platform.

saying that, i know a lot of people who like the streetbob not only because its a barebones platform for customising, but because thats what they would do any dyna in the range anyway, strip it down. i think harley really did capture the market with the street bob, in much the same way as the original low rider did. a factory built chopper, a little nearer to what people would otherwise have to build from the ground up at one point.

still, after all this talk of it being stripped down, i still consider the streetbob to be a lot of bike for the money and commend harley for creating such a massive market, yet more pray for the dealerships to sell countless accessories and upgrades to, lining their pockets with aftermarket profits over initial outlay, and at the same time bringin in the appeal from a new group of younger riders who never fit into the typical harley buyers bracket before.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:00 AM
dtone72rss
Cruiser

To each, his own.

Quick Reply: is the street bob the "must have" Dyna?