Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what are the best pipes.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 02:20 AM
pitbull1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the best pipes.

I'm going to get a new exhaust for my 99 wideglide..88ci..I would appreciate any input regarding the performance and sound of aftermarkets..I am considering V&H Big Shots,V&H Straightshots,V&H Sideshots ,or Bassani Pro Street pipes..Any experience would be appreciated..

Attached Thumbnails what are the best pipes.-mio-012.jpg  

Last edited by pitbull1; 10-18-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:06 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lot's of "Best Pipes" info out there. Although I like a 2 into 2 system, American Iron magazine stated that the best pipes are the 2-into1 type. Go to rally's, your dealer/stealer and listen to all the nice sounds. I'm not into going 120 mph so a set of pipes with great sound are my idea of 'best pipes'.

Decide what you want, sound, power then make your decision as only you can.

Live long and prosper !

MIke

Old 10-18-2009, 06:10 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There are no "best pipes" as mike said above - it's a personal thing. I'm biased toward the bub or reinhart pipes,nice deep rich sound with no rattling mechanical noise. From what I know 2/1 pipes give you 2 to 3 % more power over 2/2 pipes. I have also heard the thunderheader pipes give the most power boost,so maybe another 1%. there are lots of deals out there on ebay and you can just google the pipe you want and youll have a whole list. don't waste your time listening on youtube video does no justice to exhaust pipes.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:05 AM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The "best (looking) pipes" I've ever seen on any Dyna are V&H Big Radius pipes. I think they sound pretty awesome also, and V&H are well known for performance.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:18 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 320 Posts

Describe what you mean by "Best"?

Best looking?
Best sounding?
Best performing?

Probably no one pipe is going to be best at all 3.
Guess that's why there are so many choices out there. Everyone has their own idea of what is best for them.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:26 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Of that list that you mentioned, I'd suggest you give the Bassani pro streets a try. Although Vance and Hines makes a FABULOUS product, I'd go with the Bassani's. I had a set of Bassani 2-1 pipes on my bike, and the quality was just outstanding. Very, very good work they put out.

To be honest though, you really can't go wrong with either set of pipes. The bassani's are going to cost a bit more if you want to put heat shields on them to hide the "bluing" of the pipes, but they just look and sound badass. I heard some V&H big shots staggered yesterday off of a members bike here who goes by TopSpin and those sounded damn good as well.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 10-18-2009, 09:45 AM
TAC1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, there is no "best set of pipes" out there, just depeneds on the best set of pipes in you opinion. I like my pipes LOUD, so I chose the balck V&H big radius 2 into 2.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:00 AM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

rineharts are best cause they cost the most

Old 10-18-2009, 11:05 AM
rastajacob
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally like vance and hines for looks and sound, but that is just my opinion...

Old 10-18-2009, 11:27 AM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best pipe for you is the one YOU think sounds the best...LOL! Too many good pipes to say there is a "best" pipe! To me the best pipe is thunderheader...not for everybody though! Good luck

Quick Reply: what are the best pipes.