Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Babs will be coming home soon.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 08:51 PM
FryGuy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Babs will be coming home soon.....

Hi all-

This is my first post on the forum. I've been lurking for a couple months and gleaned a lot of good info- thanks to all. Wife and I bought a Sportster 1200C in August and quickly realized that it was not the bike for us- too small. So I went to the Harley open house in York and rode every softail and touring bike in sight- thought I might want a Fat Boy but turns out I was not happy with any of them. Something was missing- but I couldn't exactly put my finger on it. By chance hopped on a Fat Bob 'cause the line was short and fell instantly in love. So the long and short of it is that we'll be picking up "Babs" on Wednesday- a denim black '09 Fat Bob with forward controls and 3" extensions, a tallboy seat (I like to stretch out quite a bit) along with a backrest for wifey. At the 1000 mile service I have V&H 2-1 Big Radius Black Pipes and a HD Heavy breather waiting and ready to install- should be like getting another bike.

After riding every Harley currently available, I have to say that the Fat Bob really spoke to me- power of a Big Twin with the feel and soul of a Sportster- it really is the best of both worlds for me.

No real question here- just wanted to share the excitement and joy of owning a Big Twin Harley- especially after I've been waiting ALL MY LIFE to get a Harley- now I have the PERFECT Harley for me.

I'll post pics when I can- until then- JUST RIDE!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:17 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats and enjoy! It is the perfect bike for me too.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Fat Bill
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. Fatbob is a great bike. You will be pleased. Would be nice if we could get some nice weather here in the Northeast so I could enjoy mine too. I hate cold weather.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:58 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Right on!! A big congratz' to you my friend. Dyna's have ALL the SOUL in the world! Gotta love them Dyna's! Post up some pics when you pick her up. Welcome to the nuthouse man. Ride safe!

Old 10-17-2009, 10:36 PM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

When I got my Street Bob all the salesmen were trying to steer me to a Fat Bob saying it was the best riding bike in the stable. Got the SB without ever riding a FB. You got one the right way, ride them all, then buy the one you like best. Welcome, and Good riding!

Old 10-18-2009, 07:40 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice description of the fatbob/sportster combo! I'm comp;etely in love with mine as well. Up here we can't get a demo ride without hijacking someone else's ride at gunpoint!! I bought a sporty 1200c and 3 days later was back at the dealer to negociate the exchange. I fell for the look of the Fatbob and had no idea how much i was going to love the ride at that time---> Excelent choice man,welcome and congrads!

Old 10-18-2009, 07:42 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,330 Likes on 1,712 Posts

Congrats and enjoy your new ride.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:45 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and welcome you made the right choice.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:47 AM
RCB
Road Warrior

Congrats. Enjoy your new ride and ride SAFE.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Thumbs up Fat Bob

My first Harley was a also Sportster 1200 and i always loved the look of it ( still do ) but like most people you want to move up to the big twin , after owning quite of few different models i ended up with a Dyna again , to me the Dyna model is a bigger version of a Sportster and always loved the Sportster look i have best of both worlds, Good luck with your new Dyna ! Ride Safe !

Quick Reply: Babs will be coming home soon.....