Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My custom jack adapters

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 01:14 PM
rbartick
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts
Default My custom jack adapters

I'm not looking to turn this thread into a J&S/Pitbull jacks are much better thread. I already know those jacks are better. I just wanted to share how I got my jack to work with my 2010 FXDWG. I don't plan to jack my bike very often and this setup will suit my needs.

I started with 2x2 wood from Home Depot ($4). This wood actually measures 1 3/8" x 1 3/8".

I cut the wood to the same length as the lift pads and I put Velco on the bottom and rubber ($2 rubber cabinet kick plate) on the top.

I got over 14" of separation between my lift adapters.

I bought a 2x10 board from Home Depot ($6), cut it down, and made a stack (2 boards per stack) for each wheel and the jiffy stand. I rolled the bike up onto the stacks and I got a lot of clearance under the bike.

The bike is off the ground. The adapters contact the frame in front of the jiffy stand mount and behind the oil pan. I can move my adapters about an inch closer together and it will still clear everything.

Last edited by rbartick; 10-18-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:06 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Don't forget your straps...that bike is heavy...

Old 10-17-2009, 07:37 PM
freedub2003
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact same jack as you. And with the HD adapter blocks for my Street Bob it is a very close fit. I may look at something along what you did. Is it stable with the wood.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:10 AM
rbartick
Tourer

You should move your adjustable lift pads to the outside position. It seems stable to me but I'm not going to fling the bike around like the guys do in the J&S Jack video. Lifting my bike using my adapters is a one person job.

Last edited by rbartick; 10-18-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:26 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Got a question. Did you put "part B" of the velcro on the lift pads, so your adapters stick to it? Other than that, good mod and it's cheap. My old boss and my dad taught me...'make it work'.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Gliding Wide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job of solving a problem that many of us have with our lifts and Dynas. Excellent engeneering. My helemet is off to you. Nice.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:41 AM
rbartick
Tourer

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Got a question. Did you put "part B" of the velcro on the lift pads, so your adapters stick to it?
Yes, absolutely! The Velco "grip" is pretty strong. I was originally considering drilling two holes in each lift pad and bolting the adapters to the pads but now I don't think I need to do that. The bike seemed very stable as pictured and I'm confident it will not go anywhere after I strap it down.

Last edited by rbartick; 10-18-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:58 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I've thought doing that Rbartick...drilling holes and bolting down some adapters. I'd feel more comfy with that, than putting trust into velcro.

Either way, thanks for the response and good luck with your mod.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:48 AM
rbartick
Tourer

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I've thought doing that Rbartick...drilling holes and bolting down some adapters. I'd feel more comfy with that, than putting trust into velcro.
Yeah, I hear you. I felt that way before I tried out my adapters. I planned to use the Velcro as a temporary solution until I found the best position of the adapters on my lift pads. To be honest the adapters did not move at all when I lifted the bike and once the weight is on them they are not going anywhere, especially if you strap it down. Bolting the adapters would probably be smart if you intend to subject the bike to a lot of stress and movement while it is on the jack. I already have the hardware to bolt them down, I would countersink the screws and hide them under the rubber I put on the top of my adapters. Either with Velcro or bolts, this setup is more convenient and more secure than the Harley adapters.

You need about 13" of space in between the lift adapters to clear the oil pan and the jiffy stand mount. That means you need 16" of distance across your two lift pads to use them. My jack spans nearly 17" across the two lift pads when they are installed in the wide position.

Last edited by rbartick; 10-18-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:00 PM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you have given me some good ideas i have a sears yellow jack and i hate tring to get my fxdc up on it thanks for the pictures

Quick Reply: My custom jack adapters