Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 07:43 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

http://www.granitestateharleystore.c...7c%7eFORK%5cPS

Originally Posted by b2inUT
that seems to make it more reachable...

Old 01-25-2016, 05:30 PM
Bucky Ross
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't posted here in a minute. Here's what I've been working on.

Finally got my full fender rattle canned, mounted, and new Custom Dynamics integrated LED taillight installed. I know most of you have those fancy new bikes, but if anyone is interested in using a newer style taillight on an older fender here are some pics. I just cut out the center piece of a new mounting bracket so it would fit the older style fender, drilled two new holes and bolted it on. Felt like this would be easier than trying to cut the fender.

Here it is all finished.

And a stop during her first ride back in action. Winter in Hawaii sucks!

Old 01-25-2016, 05:39 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Do any of you guys know if the little Night Rod fairing will fit on the latest version of the Low Rider (on eBay for around $40). It appears to be on the new Low Rider S, but I'm not sure the mountings would be the same.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:25 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

There's a cheapy one for $30, type in bikini fairing or headlight cowl and it pops up

Looks like this, in multiple colors

Old 01-25-2016, 10:28 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 859 Likes on 379 Posts

My $.02 is that all vrod fairings on eBay at that price don't come with the mounting cup that is needed. And most don't even come with holes to screw the mounting cup to once you sourced a cup

They are just the cowl and nothing else. Not sure how you would mount it without the option to use the mounting cup

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Do any of you guys know if the little Night Rod fairing will fit on the latest version of the Low Rider (on eBay for around $40). It appears to be on the new Low Rider S, but I'm not sure the mountings would be the same.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:34 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Zip ties, duct tape and chewing gum. F a mounting kit!

Old 01-25-2016, 10:37 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
There's a cheapy one for $30, type in bikini fairing or headlight cowl and it pops up

Looks like this, in multiple colors
Thanks, I think I found the add. I just want something cheap right now so that I can get rid of the silly integrated risers that come stock on the low rider. Love the bike but those bars and risers look like a cluster**** to me.

Maybe I should just go with the DK headlight bottom bracket relocation thingy for 35 bucks. Its just a freaking pain in the *** dealing with these over engineered bars and risers on the LR. What happened to something simple? Dealing with this crap makes me wish I had bought a Street Bob instead of the LR.

Last edited by SquishyLowRider; 01-25-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:20 AM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I had that v-rod cowl and didn't like it that much. I don't think it will fit on top mounted headlight, but DK Relocation kit is awesome - gives you **** ton of options that will be helpful with other fairings as well. If you decide to go with v-rod one, get new from Surdyke - it's about $80 if I'm not mistaken

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Thanks, I think I found the add. I just want something cheap right now so that I can get rid of the silly integrated risers that come stock on the low rider. Love the bike but those bars and risers look like a cluster**** to me.

Maybe I should just go with the DK headlight bottom bracket relocation thingy for 35 bucks. Its just a freaking pain in the *** dealing with these over engineered bars and risers on the LR. What happened to something simple? Dealing with this crap makes me wish I had bought a Street Bob instead of the LR.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:55 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Took a few quick cell phone pics of my ride.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:01 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Reading this article, it notes they're 43mm. Tubes or uppers, I wonder.

The front of the motorcycle sees a new 43mm inverted fork supported by a three-bolt triple clamp.

Originally Posted by gartec81
Says 52mm forks. So could you machine our trees to 52mm?

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's