Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Bucky Ross
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok. I think the PO messed with it. Right now the tail light and turn signals are wired straight into the stock plug. There is no harness that goes from the main harness to the plugs for the lights.....unless I'm just confused on the whole thing.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,495 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucky Ross
Ok. I think the PO messed with it. Right now the tail light and turn signals are wired straight into the stock plug. There is no harness that goes from the main harness to the plugs for the lights.....unless I'm just confused on the whole thing.

There is a plug up in front of the rear fender on the left side of the bike that plugs into the back of the main electrical panel.
Look straight down between the fender and the frame just behind the battery box.

That's where the rear light harness originates and it's where you have to disconnect it to remove the rear fender.

The plug is kind of a cheesey looking plastic piece of ****.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:49 PM
Bucky Ross
Advanced

Originally Posted by Greezey Rider
There is a plug up in front of the rear fender on the left side of the bike that plugs into the back of the main electrical panel.
Look straight down between the fender and the frame just behind the battery box.

That's where the rear light harness originates and it's where you have to disconnect it to remove the rear fender.

The plug is kind of a cheesey looking plastic piece of ****.
So This is what plugged in under the seat. These wires go directly to the taillight and signals. I had to cut it to get the wires through the struts and fender. There are no other plugs closer to lights. You saying to put the newer style plugs on the other end of this?

Old 12-28-2015, 05:59 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bucky Ross
So This is what plugged in under the seat. These wires go directly to the taillight and signals. I had to cut it to get the wires through the struts and fender. There are no other plugs closer to lights. You saying to put the newer style plugs on the other end of this?

You didn't need to cut that...You can remove the plastic part and pull the harness through the hole in the fender and then when you put the harness back into the fender you reinstall the plastic part.

But yes....That's the plug I was talking about.

You can get a later style harness at the dealer or if you're so inclined, make it yourself and then install that plug in the picture on the bike end and then you're in business.
Something to think about is that the later models use different color codes, so you'll have to get the late model schematic and the one for your bike figure out what color goes to what position on the plug.

It's a little time consuming the first time you do it, but it's really not as complicated as it sounds.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:07 PM
Bucky Ross
Advanced

Got it. That harness would be the same one mentioned in the earlier post, correct? Part number 68770-02B?

Last edited by Bucky Ross; 12-28-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member

Did you mention a part number for that harness before?

Just get a harness for the tail light/turn signals for a 2000 FXD, it'll be the one you're looking for.
The plugs should already be on it.
Check the plug that we were talking about replacing to see if by some chance it's compatible with your FXR, the plugs look pretty similar as I recall.....You might get lucky.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:30 PM
Bucky Ross
Advanced

No, that's the part number that b2inUT said he used. It's actually and FXDL not an FXR.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:37 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member

FXD, FXDX, FXDL, FXDWG.....Any of those harnesses will do what you need to do.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:32 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Been a while since I posted here, not much has changed. Come tax return season, I'm looking at stiffening up the front end, shocks, hydraulic cam plate swap, and a new tuner, since the one I have now doesn't suit my future needs well.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Dyna_Dave
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Very nice man. Just AFTER putting my dyna back together I got the idea to do satin white tins with chrome. lol This is kinda close, and I'm a fan.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's