Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 06:24 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockabillphil
Looking forward for the build!

All i gotta say is take your time with the pipe you will choose. There's so many custom exhaust out there these days but have we seen any dyno comparaison wiyth the bigger names in the industry? (Bassani, TH, V&H, Supertrapp...)? I didn't see much. Lots of "short" pipe but not sure they are the right application for a (mostly) stock motor.

I've seen good dynos of the D&D bob cat exhaust though.

Thoughts?
Yeah I havent seen much in the way of dyno comparisons either. Definitely not looking to spend that much money and lose power, but honestly a big reason its getting one is for looks/to set it apart. I know the D&D performs well but I hate how it looks so big. Supposedly the SPF and Royal-T both perform really well, haven't heard anything bad about either. I think I'm leaning towards the Royal-T because its even more different and has a weird muffler...I like weird

Old 11-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Rockabillphil
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Puglia10
Yeah I havent seen much in the way of dyno comparisons either. Definitely not looking to spend that much money and lose power, but honestly a big reason its getting one is for looks/to set it apart. I know the D&D performs well but I hate how it looks so big. Supposedly the SPF and Royal-T both perform really well, haven't heard anything bad about either. I think I'm leaning towards the Royal-T because its even more different and has a weird muffler...I like weird
I'm talking about the D&D bob cat, not fat cat. The bobcat is short and looks a lot like a sport bike exhaust.

The Royal T, imo, looks like it could have ground clearance issues.

Last edited by Rockabillphil; 11-09-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:16 AM
Kraken
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm talking about the D&D bob cat, not fat cat. The bobcat is short and looks a lot like a sport bike exhaust.

I believe you can order it with more upsweep. Both the SPF and Royal-T are quality.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:25 PM
antlockyer
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven1967
My 2005 FXDXI
Are those bars stock?

Old 11-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 231 Posts

He does whatever you want so I would have it built different than his usual, and make one pipe under the foot peg, not both. kinda like my supertrapp instead of like a thunderheader. Nothing I hate more than low-hanging pipes. Dont wanna scrape anything on this bike except foot pegs, like my DX

Old 11-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 743 Likes on 511 Posts

Here's my Bobcat:

Name:  Sig_zpsdg0td3mb.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  301.9 KB

Old 11-09-2015, 03:28 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,042 Likes on 659 Posts

I am doing my first pushrod adjustment ever! And I am freaking out worrying.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:50 PM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by antlockyer
Are those bars stock?
Looks like stock bars and risers to me.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Rockabillphil
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He does whatever you want so I would have it built different than his usual, and make one pipe under the foot peg, not both. kinda like my supertrapp instead of like a thunderheader. Nothing I hate more than low-hanging pipes. Dont wanna scrape anything on this bike except foot pegs, like my DX
Good thing. I like my exhaust tight under the peg too.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:27 AM
Jeezy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posted a thread but figured I might get better answers from you guys. Building a performance style FXR.

1. Narrowed it down to Royal-T or SPF for a pipe. Any reason I should sway one way or the other, or are they close enough to just pick what I think looks best? Same price and same aprox. wait time.

2. Aluminum swingarms. There's Trac Dynamics, Brocks Performance, and Metmachex. Kind of the same question...all close enough to go by looks/wait time or is there a clear winner there? All the same price.
Have you checked out Tyler's/Sawicki Speeds exhaust at all? The Royal-T pipe looks different than most pipes which I like, but I didn't like the sound at all on a FXR. This is a custom pipe Tyler built for me.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's