Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 03:38 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by theduroche
Okay, first off, don't shoot me for asking, and I know this question may not belong here. I know this is a dyna thread, but you guys are specifically the ones I want to ask about this:

The XR1200 as a club/thug style bike?

[IMG]http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=imgres&cd=&ved=0CAYQjBwwAGoVChMI6L _Jh4qzxwIVC5UNCh2vig2w&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.ben netts.co.uk%2FGlobal%2FSocial%2FHarley-Davidson-XR1200X.jpg&ei=4GDTVejPAYuqNq-VtoAL&psig=AFQjCNHOpswbtA1qKAuRM9VbePa3-L0SKg&ust=1440002656115608[/.

One of the club members around here runs one. It's been done and can be done again. You don't need permission to make something a certain style. The thing hauls ***, it's super light and nimble and can split lanes like a ****.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:44 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Phone keeps glitching out, but it's for sale in San Diego. Go on Craigslist San Diego and type XR1200

Old 08-18-2015, 06:56 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by buzz_kill
My bike as of yesterday. Threw on a THRASHIN SUPPLY CO. 2-1, and a set of Pirelli Night Dragons. Pic was taken before the tires. I'll let yall know how they handle after the commute to work this week. Does anyone have a set of mags and a full sized fender for sale? 2010 FXDB. Cheers
I dig that pipe man. And the Cali highway peg mounts

Is that the Ness Brake rotor?? Tell me what you think of it - - I have $$$ burning a hole in my pocket and been looking at that...

Cheers.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:57 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by theduroche
Okay, first off, don't shoot me for asking, and I know this question may not belong here. I know this is a dyna thread, but you guys are specifically the ones I want to ask about this:

The XR1200 as a club/thug style bike?

I have no desire whatsoever to get rid of my fxdx, but when I look at the list of all the things I'd like to add to my dyna,
(better brakes, better suspension, inverted front end, lighter swingarm,) the xr seems to already have it done. It's lighter, and while it has fewer cubes, it has more ponies.
The first drawback I guess would be the bear on the tricycle issue.

So does anyone have one? Had one? Thoughts?

Thanks.
I've ridden a few. They're sorta fun to ride, handle well, stop well, one of those bikes that are just comfortable to get on and ride fast. Imo it would need 30-40hp more to be really fun though, they're pretty slow.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:23 AM
truugazi
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xknucksx
Where about in the dmv are you? I can't seem to find anyone in the southern Pa/Md area that is in to club style bikes. Scoot looks good man.
Im from Lancaster, Pa. i bitch constantly about having nobody to ride with, sorry about the thread jack haha.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:48 PM
xknucksx
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by truugazi
Im from Lancaster, Pa. i bitch constantly about having nobody to ride with, sorry about the thread jack haha.
Hell yea homie I'm in York, when you have enough posts or whatever shoot me a pm always down to ride!

Old 08-19-2015, 04:18 PM
buzz_kill
6th Gear

Originally Posted by xknucksx
Where about in the dmv are you? I can't seem to find anyone in the southern Pa/Md area that is in to club style bikes. Scoot looks good man.
Thanks bro! I'm right outside of DC, down the street from the National Harbor. Where are you located? I go out to PA all the time and snowboard the hills out there when it's season.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:28 PM
buzz_kill
6th Gear

Originally Posted by speedkills66
I dig that pipe man. And the Cali highway peg mounts

Is that the Ness Brake rotor?? Tell me what you think of it - - I have $$$ burning a hole in my pocket and been looking at that...

Cheers.
Thabks for the compliment brother! Pipe is from THRASHIN SUPPLY CO. Front highway/crash bar is from Bungking.

Yea, so far so good on the Ness brake kit, I paired it up with a set of Lyndall pads. Took a few miles to be broken in. My only concern is that the width of the rotor doesn't cover the entire pad, about 1/8" in of the pad isn't making contact with the rotor. I emailed their cust. service, and they said it was designed that way. It looks better on Switchblade mags
IMO. Check out B2inUT's Street Bob, he's got the kit on the same mags you're running.
Other than that, she pretty much stops a lot quicker, that's for sure. It's a good option for the guys running mags, that aren't compatible with a dual disc conversion.

Your bike looks really good!

Cheers homie!

Last edited by buzz_kill; 08-19-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:19 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so the edges of the pads will touch when it wears down?

Originally Posted by buzz_kill
My only concern is that the width of the rotor doesn't cover the entire pad, about 1/8" in of the pad isn't making contact with the rotor. I emailed their cust. service, and they said it was designed that way.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:47 PM
truugazi
6th Gear

digging my new big al's high bend bars. tried to take off the custom reflector job on my bags. But it seems like whatever glue the previous owner used ate into the leather... so for now they stay.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's