Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 09:33 PM
jeffbetrollin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdamM
Alright ladies here she is in all her full fender glory!
Damn that looks good! What tail light are u running?

Old 07-21-2015, 09:34 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry AdamM, not digging it. Where's the chrome accents? Just one more overdone blacked out bike. I could make my bike look like that in about 10 minutes with a can of flat black rustoleum. But if you like it that's all that counts.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:43 PM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Racqueteer9
Sorry AdamM, not digging it. Where's the chrome accents? Just one more overdone blacked out bike. I could make my bike look like that in about 10 minutes with a can of flat black rustoleum. But if you like it that's all that counts.
Thats okay, to each his own. Not sure if you followed my thread at all, but my whole goal from the beginning was to remove all chrome from the bike. Trust me, it took a hell of a lot more effort than just spraying everything with rustoleum

Old 07-21-2015, 09:45 PM
AdamM
Road Captain

Originally Posted by theduroche
That there's a purdy motorsickle.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by jeffbetrollin
Damn that looks good! What tail light are u running?
Thanks man! Its a Custom Dynamics with the integrated turn signals

Old 07-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by AdamM
Thats okay, to each his own. Not sure if you followed my thread at all, but my whole goal from the beginning was to remove all chrome from the bike. Trust me, it took a hell of a lot more effort than just spraying everything with rustoleum
No, haven't followed your thread but I like a balance of chrome and black. I've added some chrome and removed some and am almost done on my '04 FXDL. Only need to paint my JD fairing with gloss black and ghost flames, replace the zinc engine bolts with polished ss this week and I'm there. Sure, there are a few things on your bike I'd like to add to mine like the dual discs, and the pipe (in chrome.) But I'm underwhelmed with monochrome bikes. To each their own. If you really want to remove all chrome you need to anodize (or whatever the correct process is) those saddlebag supports, shock struts and brake discs. And move those forward indicators where they belong.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:04 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

No, haven't followed your thread but I like a balance of chrome and black. I've added some chrome and removed some and am almost done on my '04 FXDL. Only need to paint my JD fairing with gloss black and ghost flames, replace the zinc engine bolts with polished ss this week and I'm there. Sure, there are a few things on your bike I'd like to add to mine like the dual discs, and the pipe (in chrome.) But I'm underwhelmed with monochrome bikes. To each their own. If you really want to remove all chrome you need to anodize (or whatever the correct process is) those saddlebag supports, shock struts and brake discs. And move those forward indicators where they belong.
Can only anodize aluminum last I knew. I have had a few things plated at work in black. Cast won't take. Turns a smokey gray. My master cylinder cover, clutch lever and brake lever were done in black anodize at work.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:09 PM
AdamM
Road Captain

I appreciate your suggestions. If I were to anodize the saddlebag supports they would scratch and look terrible as soon as I put the bags on (plus they're covered as soon as the bags are on, so it's not a priority). I actually am getting Lyndall rotors, so the brakes will be black also. I've toyed with the idea of moving the signals to the triple tree, but I have an LED light bar mounted there and not sure I want a o=o look to the front of my bike, considering I have the Custom Dynamics "Ringz" inserts. Might be too much in one place

Old 07-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by slyedog
Can only anodize aluminum last I knew. I have had a few things plated at work in black. Cast won't take. Turns a smokey gray. My master cylinder cover, clutch lever and brake lever were done in black anodize at work.
That's why I said "whatever the correct process is." There is a process to turn shocks and brake discs black as evidenced by the sport bike products that you can buy off the shelf in black. I'm just too uninterested in doing so to remember details.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:15 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

So am I safe to say not thug club here or did I do it anyway?

Old 07-21-2015, 10:25 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Maybe not but damn sweet either way!

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's