Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 08:44 AM
steve5109
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is anyone running the lucky Dave San Diego bars? Or know the quality of them? I'm in the market for 12" tbars and I came across them last night but couldn't find out much on them.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:04 AM
BobberG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steve5109
Is anyone running the lucky Dave San Diego bars? Or know the quality of them? I'm in the market for 12" tbars and I came across them last night but couldn't find out much on them.
No experience with those bars, but they're most likely just as good as any. The only real difference I've seen on T bars is how clean the welds look. And honestly once the bars are mounted, you won't even notice that.
The biggest factor for me is the geometry of the bar. Drag Specialties and Spooky Fast T bars have a pullback where the top bar is parallel to the ground when the bar is mounted; whereas Death Squad, West Coast, Southeast Customs T bars have a top bar that is perpendicular to the risers. This makes your hand position on 12" Spooky Fast T's further back and up compared to your hand position on 12" Death Squads.
That's just my perspective. I'm sure the SD bars are as good a quality as any, I'd be more curious about pullback/geometry.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:37 PM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by dudshep31
Duroche, you may have answered this but did you cut the original football a/c? Diggin thr bags too man. Sweet ride for sure

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I just went at that football with my dremel.
My "Pretender" bags? Yeah, those were apparently BMW bags that I found on egay for $175, and my buddy made the aluminum brackets.
Looking forward to having them and the fairing painted.

And b2inUT, those signals were apparently Honda racebike signals. Another egay find when I was trying to find something with a low profile.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:28 PM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dudshep31
Bike looks great man. Don't forget the lyndall pads if you don't already have them. I believe the warranty is only good if you use their pads-you may have already known that
Yeah I plan on using their pads, just not sure which ones to go with. Any recommendations? I think they have 3 or so different lines

Old 06-20-2015, 01:32 PM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by b2inUT
I emailed them through their site. Haven't heard a word. I think it may have been caused by the blue LocTite.
Hopefully they get back to you with some good news

Old 06-20-2015, 03:30 PM
steve5109
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BobberG
No experience with those bars, but they're most likely just as good as any. The only real difference I've seen on T bars is how clean the welds look. And honestly once the bars are mounted, you won't even notice that.
The biggest factor for me is the geometry of the bar. Drag Specialties and Spooky Fast T bars have a pullback where the top bar is parallel to the ground when the bar is mounted; whereas Death Squad, West Coast, Southeast Customs T bars have a top bar that is perpendicular to the risers. This makes your hand position on 12" Spooky Fast T's further back and up compared to your hand position on 12" Death Squads.
That's just my perspective. I'm sure the SD bars are as good a quality as any, I'd be more curious about pullback/geometry.
Thanks for the help man. I have no idea which bars to get. I originally wanted the west coast but didn't wanna wait on them, then I seem these were in stock. I was also looking at the Burlys.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:12 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdamM
Yeah I plan on using their pads, just not sure which ones to go with. Any recommendations? I think they have 3 or so different lines
I went with the gold ones. No complaints but I haven't tried any of the others

Old 06-20-2015, 08:03 PM
BobberG
Tourer

Thanks for the help man. I have no idea which bars to get. I originally wanted the west coast but didn't wanna wait on them, then I seem these were in stock. I was also looking at the Burlys.
I know what you mean. I'm impatient too. lol And I'm not sure how I didn't think to mention it before but I'm about to post my 12" Spooky Fast Y bars for sale if you're interested. They're similar to the WCT Slingshots and the San Diego bar, and in perfect shape (only have a couple hundred miles on them) and I'm asking $230 shipped. They're $290 new.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:28 PM
steve5109
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BobberG
I know what you mean. I'm impatient too. lol And I'm not sure how I didn't think to mention it before but I'm about to post my 12" Spooky Fast Y bars for sale if you're interested. They're similar to the WCT Slingshots and the San Diego bar, and in perfect shape (only have a couple hundred miles on them) and I'm asking $230 shipped. They're $290 new.

Thanks man, but I think I'm gonna order the Burlys. Those bars do look good though. There's just to many choices lol.

The following users liked this post:
Grenadier (09-11-2016)
Old 06-20-2015, 08:46 PM
BobberG
Tourer

Thanks man, but I think I'm gonna order the Burlys. Those bars do look good though. There's just to many choices lol.
Haha yea no joke. Alright man, worth a shot.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's