Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 03:29 AM
Ironhead.Chris
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamM
My brother and I took a spontaneous road trip from the Bay Area down to LA, then down to San Diego, over to Bombay Beach/Salton Sea, then up to Valencia and back home. About 1,200 miles in two days, which made me realize my seat sucks for anything more than about 4 hours.

Then got back home, set up an external breather and got the new mag wheels off to the powder coaters to make those suckers gloss black

Here:

Both bikes look great Adam! Is your bro running the same fairing hardware as you? I see his fits a little lower and closer to the front end.

-Chris

Old 05-10-2015, 07:57 AM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cocheese72
Look into breather bolts, they are cleaner without all the hoses.

I ran these for a while, they mist oil and make a mess.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:47 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Packers03
Awesome, thanks for the replies. I definitely won't be able to take possession so I'll be paying California sales tax. As far as specific options go, I have a question for you squid. Does the ABS make things harder to do any mods as far as breaks are concerned or anything else and is it worth it? I'm not exactly a gearhead, but I'm decent at figuring things out so (everything is on youtube these days). I know I'd have to do a brake line extension to put t bars on if I went the low rider route from what I've read. Well hopefully by the end of the year I have a bike to actually contribute to this thread! T-bars and fairing first then all performance from there.
Yes, ABS makes things a little harder, but having been saved by it twice now, I'd say it's worth the hassle. Besides all the extra stuff under the battery and fuse boxes, you have to take it to the dealer for bleeding because they use the proprietary Digital Tech II. You can get it close on your own, but won't get all the air out without that DT II.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:55 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OG1
you will love them in gloss black, I have the same wheels and had them coated before install. word of caution, if you are gonna run single disc, the deco cover for the right side disc flange from your stock wheels is much smaller than the OD of the right side hub face on the cast wheels.
The slotted 6 spokes come with a deco cover that fits (mine did).

Originally Posted by jpace024
I ran these for a while, they mist oil and make a mess.
Ditto. Oily film on everything.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:58 AM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Solid ride a few days ago, although thought I heard bad sounds at end of ride...warm up next day, definately not right....cutaway header wrap to reveal THIS....Damn...

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-image.jpg  
Old 05-10-2015, 10:36 AM
bullast
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmojo11
Solid ride a few days ago, although thought I heard bad sounds at end of ride...warm up next day, definately not right....cutaway header wrap to reveal THIS....Damn...

OH DAYAMN!

I heard at one point the wrap can amplify heat in an exhaust system.

Could the added heat have caused this?

Old 05-10-2015, 11:22 AM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bullast
OH DAYAMN!

I heard at one point the wrap can amplify heat in an exhaust system.

Could the added heat have caused this?
I Am no expert...have read what info there is out there...It seems to me thats what it is...Ill attach another pic, massive failure from the inside out IMO...

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-image.jpg  
Old 05-10-2015, 11:49 AM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by OG1
you will love them in gloss black, I have the same wheels and had them coated before install. word of caution, if you are gonna run single disc, the deco cover for the right side disc flange from your stock wheels is much smaller than the OD of the right side hub face on the cast wheels.
I'm running dual disk so everything should be fine. Thanks for the heads up though!

Old 05-10-2015, 11:51 AM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhead.Chris
Both bikes look great Adam! Is your bro running the same fairing hardware as you? I see his fits a little lower and closer to the front end.

-Chris
He's running the standard quarter fairing hardware, I'm running harley QD clips and bungking bracket

Edit: I just went back and looked at the picture, it looks a little more exaggerated there than it does in person

Last edited by AdamM; 05-10-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Bountyhunter2099
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmojo11
I Am no expert...have read what info there is out there...It seems to me thats what it is...Ill attach another pic, massive failure from the inside out IMO...
It's the wrap. Thunderheader warranty is void as soon as you wrap. I just ordered a Thunderheader and was going to wrap it until I was told that.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's