Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 08:11 PM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monster715
Best mod to date hands down...

Heaven got a new guard dog today... I need some whiskey
Great Mod Monster...condolences on loss of your friend...yes whiskey...

Old 04-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Lentini93
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best mod to date hands down...

Monster, sorry to hear about your friend. I know what you're going through.

My dad has his dogs name tag, Bella on his bike, right next to the guardian bell I bought him, and her favorite bandana on the bike.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:03 AM
OwenFXDB
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
Mondo chaos anyone.....

Gallows - Mondo Chaos - YouTube
I used to watch this video daily! I was trying to remember the name of the song a band just a few days ago, but I kept drawing a blank. Thanks for posting this.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:27 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Puglia10
had nasty buffeting with my hd 1/4 fairing. sold it, bought a rifle...same thing! im 5'7" wear a fullface shoei. i can see/feel the wind coming from my lap up my body and right into my chin, bouncing my helmet around.

anyone else get this? any solution? i like the look and the pressure off my chest, but it sounds like a helicopter in my helmet so thats not gonna work
I recently took out my tank lift just to see what it would be like to have an accurate fuel guage. I got crazy buffeting. I didn't bother checking where the airflow was coming from, and I put the lift back in the next day.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:53 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bullast
Rather than doing camshafts, has anyone changed their pulleys?

Their drive belt pulleys.

In my sport bike days, it was a great upgrade.

Throw on -1/+2 sprockets in an hour and it made an incredible difference for low end.

Just throwing around ideas.
I've done cams and pulleys. I started with the 30/70 mod, but didn't like the gearing for freeway riding and went back to the stock 66T on the rear. It's still very peppy feeling.

HD Pilot did a nice write up on the 30T install.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:12 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 231 Posts

Few others responded so thank you, i only know how to quote one guy at a time haha.

Helmet is a shoei RF1100, so its not cheap. It has no chin curtain though so ill try to find one.

Thanks JPACE, the shield is 17" I believe but Id have to measure it again. Got it used. Its really tall though, so maybe that is my problem. 9.5" pullback risers with biltwell tracker bars so about 12" total. I didnt notice any difference with the bagger baffle with my HD fairing either.

Does anyone know if you can cut the shield down (and how?) instead of ordering another and waiting?

Originally Posted by jpace024
What size shield are you running? I had the exact same issues when I was running the 18" shield. Changed to 15" shield and different bars (12" slingshots from 18" apes) which allowed me to angle the whole thing back more and buffeting is gone. I wear a Simpson Bandit or a Bell RS1, no buffeting with either now. Try angling it back as far as you can and see if that makes a difference. I'm 6'1", so you might consider shortening the shield below 15". In my opinion you actually want the air/wind directed at your helmet to avoid buffeting if that makes sense. The oncoming air will keep the air from coming up your body and wanting to lift your helmet. The main job of these smaller fairings is to keep the pressure off of your chest. I also tried the lower wind deflector from the bagger prior to switching bars and shield and I didn't notice much of a difference, if any.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:14 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 231 Posts

No ****? Hm, maybe time for a tank lift! how tall is yours?

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I recently took out my tank lift just to see what it would be like to have an accurate fuel guage. I got crazy buffeting. I didn't bother checking where the airflow was coming from, and I put the lift back in the next day.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:14 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,056 Likes on 631 Posts

Sorry for your Loss .

Old 04-30-2015, 12:25 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 352 Posts

Done for now on this customers bike. Sway-A-Ways are still on back order, as is the Sputhe. Started as a pretty rough 03 Anniversary FXD. Owner liked the white Sporty I had just finished and wanted this in the same vein. Speed Merchant and Race Tech parts up front, floating rotors f&r, Mustang fastback, Gauntlet fairing, 10" Biltwell risers with Zed bars and grips, Big Sucker, T-Header. Next round is all motor so that'll be fun. I just picked up a cream puff two owner 9500mi 87 FXR-SP for myself that'll be getting the treatment as well. I'll post a lil something once it gets going.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_20150401_065114912_hdr-1-.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_20150428_171027.jpg  
Old 04-30-2015, 12:30 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftace
Done for now on this customers bike. Sway-A-Ways are still on back order, as is the Sputhe. Started as a pretty rough 03 Anniversary FXD. Owner liked the white Sporty I had just finished and wanted this in the same vein. Speed Merchant and Race Tech parts up front, floating rotors f&r, Mustang fastback, Gauntlet fairing, 10" Biltwell risers with Zed bars and grips, Big Sucker, T-Header. Next round is all motor so that'll be fun. I just picked up a cream puff two owner 9500mi 87 FXR-SP for myself that'll be getting the treatment as well. I'll post a lil something once it gets going.
Phenomenal transformation

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's