Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 11:47 PM
Bagged64
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Puglia10
had nasty buffeting with my hd 1/4 fairing. sold it, bought a rifle...same thing! im 5'7" wear a fullface shoei. i can see/feel the wind coming from my lap up my body and right into my chin, bouncing my helmet around.

anyone else get this? any solution? i like the look and the pressure off my chest, but it sounds like a helicopter in my helmet so thats not gonna work
What helmet do you ride with? I have 3 full face helmets and only my Shoei X-12 gets none. My Outlaw Bandit gets a little and my other low end Shoei gets alot.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:04 AM
Rockabillphil
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by justintyme73
Just installed my 13.5" Black Works Trackers and they just clear the Supertrapp Super meg pipe at full droop. You couldnt go any longer and clear this pipe, just in case anyone else running this pipe was wondering.
I have the same pipe and absolutely love it. Care to post pictures of your bike with the trackers? Would like to see the clearance and look of them with the supertrapp. At first i wanted to go with 13.5" ++ but now thinking of just going 12.5 or 13" max.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:11 AM
Rockabillphil
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

had nasty buffeting with my hd 1/4 fairing. sold it, bought a rifle...same thing! im 5'7" wear a fullface shoei. i can see/feel the wind coming from my lap up my body and right into my chin, bouncing my helmet around.

anyone else get this? any solution? i like the look and the pressure off my chest, but it sounds like a helicopter in my helmet so thats not gonna work
I'm 5'7" too and i'm getting a little with memphis shades gauntlet fairing. I think all 1/4 fairing will get you some buffeting at some point. What is a lot for you might be not so much for me.

The only bike i rode with a quater fairing is mine so i don't know about the other ones. From what i see, the main concerns that seems to come a lot on forums is the wind coming up from underneath. They are just not made to push/keep the wind down like let say the street glide fairing.

Like it was mentioned earlier, the type of full face helmet you have will make a difference too. Some FF helmet are louder than 3/4 helmet. Make sure you have a good one and with a "chin curtain" too, this helps a lot to keep the wind off your chin/face.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:09 AM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What size shield are you running? I had the exact same issues when I was running the 18" shield. Changed to 15" shield and different bars (12" slingshots from 18" apes) which allowed me to angle the whole thing back more and buffeting is gone. I wear a Simpson Bandit or a Bell RS1, no buffeting with either now. Try angling it back as far as you can and see if that makes a difference. I'm 6'1", so you might consider shortening the shield below 15". In my opinion you actually want the air/wind directed at your helmet to avoid buffeting if that makes sense. The oncoming air will keep the air from coming up your body and wanting to lift your helmet. The main job of these smaller fairings is to keep the pressure off of your chest. I also tried the lower wind deflector from the bagger prior to switching bars and shield and I didn't notice much of a difference, if any.

Last edited by jpace024; 04-29-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:17 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
Mondo chaos anyone.....
Great riding, but that's some mighty unhygienic behavior

Old 04-29-2015, 11:21 AM
justintyme73
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockabillphil
I have the same pipe and absolutely love it. Care to post pictures of your bike with the trackers? Would like to see the clearance and look of them with the supertrapp. At first i wanted to go with 13.5" ++ but now thinking of just going 12.5 or 13" max.
Yea, I will take the Saddlebags off and take some pictures this weekend, you can't see much with the saddlebags in the way and I need to take the bags off and treat them anyway. With the weight of the bike on them there is nearly an inch clearance, but with the bike jacked up and the suspension fully dropped they get with in about a 1/4 inch. I haven't touched the preload adjustment at all yet either.

I should get a good rider report on them this weekend and will adjust preload then. The 25 minutes I rode around town today they seemed great, the bike is definitely sitting a little taller, the one thing I definitely noticed was that the bike feels more nimble, wants to turn in easier from raising the rear, I Like it!!

Old 04-29-2015, 01:40 PM
BobberG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justintyme73
Please tell me that's your real name.

Old 04-29-2015, 04:35 PM
justintyme73
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobberG
Please tell me that's your real name.
Lol, well the first part is for sure, picked up the second part as a nickname someone put on my hard hat during my oilfield years --usually made it in from out in the field justintyme to eat!

Old 04-29-2015, 06:40 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Best mod to date hands down...

Name:  image_zpsgokzu93y.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  182.3 KB

Heaven got a new guard dog today... I need some whiskey

Old 04-29-2015, 06:46 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

That is a Nice Strap , never seen one like that.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's