Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,536 Likes on 2,144 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamM
Unfortunately I think it was another Harley owner. When I got there I parked next to a group of about 4-5 other Dynas and when I returned they were all gone and there was an oil drip trail going from my bike right to about where theirs were which was only 2 or 3 feet. Sucks that you can't seem to have nice things anymore without someone else deciding they need it more

That really blows. I hope it comes around for that *******.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:52 AM
BobberG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thumper9
Haha yea they have! I thought for sure they would be damaged in some way but luckily they werent. The bars are 14in. 12in riser with a 2in bend in the bars themselves. For me they are the perfect height. I'm 5'10" for what it's worth.

Also the upper brake line is 23in and a great fit
Awesome, thanks. Now just to decide if I wanna stay with the cheap riser/sporty bar combo, go Forbidden/Protaper, or West Coast MX bars. I hate making these decisions sometimes. haha

Old 04-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Thumper9
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I seriously considered forbidden risers with pro tapers. I've ridden dirt bikes most of my life and love the look of the combo on dynas. They are more expensive but you get the ability to change out bars easily if you are the type of person that gets bored with your bike. I chose to go west coast because I think 1 piece bars look cleaner. Just my opinion

Old 04-07-2015, 10:25 AM
BobberG
Tourer

I seriously considered forbidden risers with pro tapers. I've ridden dirt bikes most of my life and love the look of the combo on dynas. They are more expensive but you get the ability to change out bars easily if you are the type of person that gets bored with your bike. I chose to go west coast because I think 1 piece bars look cleaner. Just my opinion
That's exactly my train of thought. I'd go with the one-piece bars right off the bat if they made some MX bars at 30" width. I know it's only a 1.5" difference but it's enough to make me second guess. lol

Old 04-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by Grefven
. Im 6,2 feet so I guess 12" T-bars should work fine, don´t you think?
I sat on my wide glide, put my arms out to a comfortable riding level and measured- that's how I got my 14" T-bars.
I'm 5'11"-

Old 04-07-2015, 10:58 AM
BobberG
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sling Blade 14
I sat on my wide glide, put my arms out to a comfortable riding level and measured- that's how I got my 14" T-bars.
I'm 5'11"-
I think pull back/geometry matters just as much as height. I had 10" Drag Specialties T bars with like 6" of pull back and my hands were at the same vertical height as 13" T bars with 2" of pullback from Southeast Custom Cycles. But I guess if you're shopping from SE Custom Cycle, Westcoast Tbars, Death Squad, etc it's pretty consistent. You know what, just don't buy bars that have more than 3" pullback and you should be straight. haha

Old 04-07-2015, 11:32 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by BobberG
I think pull back/geometry matters just as much as height. I had 10" Drag Specialties T bars with like 6" of pull back and my hands were at the same vertical height as 13" T bars with 2" of pullback from Southeast Custom Cycles. But I guess if you're shopping from SE Custom Cycle, Westcoast Tbars, Death Squad, etc it's pretty consistent. You know what, just don't buy bars that have more than 3" pullback and you should be straight. haha
Your seat will play a factor, as well. I had some "window" bars when I had my 2012 FXDB stock triple tree (integrated clamp) and after changing out parts to put on MX Tbars from WCTB, I sit back more in my seat. A seat with a more rear seated position could help if it feels like the bars are trying to punch you in the chin or teeth.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Thumper9
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobberG
That's exactly my train of thought. I'd go with the one-piece bars right off the bat if they made some MX bars at 30" width. I know it's only a 1.5" difference but it's enough to make me second guess. lol
The west coast MX are 31.5in so pretty close to 30. scott might work with you if you wanted them to be 30in. You could always get the sling shot bars. They are 28in I believe

Old 04-07-2015, 11:44 AM
BobberG
Tourer

Originally Posted by b2inUT
Your seat will play a factor, as well. I had some "window" bars when I had my 2012 FXDB stock triple tree (integrated clamp) and after changing out parts to put on MX Tbars from WCTB, I sit back more in my seat. A seat with a more rear seated position could help if it feels like the bars are trying to punch you in the chin or teeth.
Oh yea, good point. Surprised at the difference in position between my Le Pera Daytona and Danny Gray Short Hop.

The west coast MX are 31.5in so pretty close to 30. scott might work with you if you wanted them to be 30in. You could always get the sling shot bars. They are 28in I believe
28" is too narrow. Plus I'm iffy on that tight bend. haha I'll call Scott today and see if he can swing that 30". That would be money. If not, I'll just go with the 12" MXT as is.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:41 PM
bullast
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered these today:

http://jokermachine.com/products/49m...hts-black.html

I know Ive seen posts of these mounted.

I need to know what, if any, load equalizer is needed to use these as marker lights/ turn signals on my '14 FXDB.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's