Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 11:16 AM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Finally got all my **** installed, like night and day vs stock. Sputhe front and rear, dual bagger Brembos and braided lines, 13.5" Works black trackers, Works dual rate drop in cartridge with Speed Merchant preload adjusters, and black wheel spacers and dust caps to top it off. Have to reapply vinyl to fork tubes between triple trees. Cams, wheels, Lyndall rotors and pads are next

Name:  2015-03-31%2016.30.07_zps8lz8g8jm.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  342.3 KB
Name:  2015-03-31%2016.30.47_zpswag37nio.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  310.1 KB
Name:  2015-03-31%2016.31.20_zpse3fkvbkw.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  211.9 KB

Old 04-01-2015, 02:18 PM
bringtheruckus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbetrollin
what seat is this? How comfortable is it for a passenger?
Its a stock seat that has had foam taken and added in the right places for my liking by a local guy here in Idaho. The people that have been on it have told me its great, ive popped back there a few times riding and it seems really nice. Not sure what foam he ended up putting back there.

Last edited by bringtheruckus; 04-01-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Gnasher
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AdamM
Finally got all my **** installed, like night and day vs stock. Sputhe front and rear, dual bagger Brembos and braided lines, 13.5" Works black trackers, Works dual rate drop in cartridge with Speed Merchant preload adjusters, and black wheel spacers and dust caps to top it off. Have to reapply vinyl to fork tubes between triple trees. Cams, wheels, Lyndall rotors and pads are next

hey man good looking bike! im looking towards picking up a thunderheader here soon an i noticed youre rocking yours without heatshields, so hows the heat? manageable?

if i pick up the pipe here soon it wont be with the heat shields so i would like to know how necessary they are

Also if anyone else here knows, id love some input, THANKS!

Old 04-01-2015, 08:33 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Gnasher
hey man good looking bike! im looking towards picking up a thunderheader here soon an i noticed youre rocking yours without heatshields, so hows the heat? manageable?

if i pick up the pipe here soon it wont be with the heat shields so i would like to know how necessary they are

Been running mine without shields for almost 30k. It's manageable. It was hot with the stock motor but has cooled substantially since motor work and quality tune. A good tune will help that pipe run cooler but you'll still learn where to keep your legs. Most of my pants have burns

Old 04-01-2015, 09:35 PM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Gnasher

Like monster said, its manageable. Sitting at red lights it gets pretty hot but other than that its fine

Old 04-01-2015, 11:08 PM
MF Les
6th Gear

Like monster said, its manageable. Sitting at red lights it gets pretty hot but other than that its fine
I've got 100 miles on mine w/o heat shields, no problems so far. Totally manageable like others have said. No burnt pant legs or melted shoes yet. Time will tell but I dont see it as an issue. You can always add the shields later if you like. I didn't want to spend the extra $250 at this point, spent that money on my tuner instead!

Old 04-01-2015, 11:14 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Relocating the sigs... See? This new fat bob tail assembly is becoming useful now!

Old 04-01-2015, 11:17 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Old 04-02-2015, 12:48 AM
Gnasher
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MF Les
I've got 100 miles on mine w/o heat shields, no problems so far. Totally manageable like others have said. No burnt pant legs or melted shoes yet. Time will tell but I dont see it as an issue. You can always add the shields later if you like. I didn't want to spend the extra $250 at this point, spent that money on my tuner instead!
Originally Posted by monster715
Been running mine without shields for almost 30k. It's manageable. It was hot with the stock motor but has cooled substantially since motor work and quality tune. A good tune will help that pipe run cooler but you'll still learn where to keep your legs. Most of my pants have burns
Hell yeah that definitely puts my mind at ease. Thanks for the advice, love this thread

Old 04-02-2015, 01:02 AM
RusTy^
6th Gear

Before and After still a work in progress. Received a lot of inspiration from the thread and love the bikes.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's