Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 05:15 PM
low225
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming!

This color always appealed to me, I'd probably go a little darker and more copper (get it? COPper? Wokka Wokka!)

My REALdream, as stated was to make an anti-cop bike. Keep it police looking but sneak in some subliminal FTP's and ACAB's and what not, but the more custom I get, the harder it is to sell if need be. If I start slinging the F word all over my bike, it's not going to appeal to a new buyer.

That being said, I really like this Unknown Industries FXDP paint scheme, black but just enough white to keep tye police bike origins intact. A custom hand-painted star is not going to be cheap either ��

The unknown defender came to mind instantly that's a bad ****. You could probably get a nice custom multi layer acab star cut in vinyl for not too much and the next owner can just take if off if they're not down.
that copper color is nice too.
I'll throw in dark green. Our sheriff's colors are dark green and bronze.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:55 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=emerican19;13788092]Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming!

This color always appealed to me, I'd probably go a little darker and more copper (get it? COPper? Wokka Wokka!)

My REALdream, as stated was to make an anti-cop bike. Keep it police looking but sneak in some subliminal FTP's and ACAB's and what not, but the more custom I get, the harder it is to sell if need be. If I start slinging the F word all over my bike, it's not going to appeal to a new buyer.

That being said, I really like this Unknown Industries FXDP paint scheme, black but just enough white to keep tye police bike origins intact. A custom hand-painted star is not going to be cheap either ��

I had the same thoughts with my fxrp. I'd like to see what you come up with. I also like the sheriff colors instead of black and white

Old 03-09-2015, 10:31 PM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been a while since I updated. Most recently added dual disc, Progressive monotube kit, JD Customs fairing, Woods 555 cams. Ordered some FXDL wheels and new Michelins to throw on, but I'm going to wait and get a little more mileage out of these tires first and just change it all at once.

Paint is probably next. I'm thinking about getting some NOS decals and going old school. I dig some of the old FXR schemes like this

Also, as a side note... I rented a new Road Glide the other day. I had been seriously considering selling my current bike and getting a new RG Special. I can say that the RG was probably the "nicest" bike that I have ever ridden. It was very comfortable and had everything you could want on a Harley. The rental had a mild cam and the 103 didn't disappoint. I thought the handling wasn't too bad either considering how heavy it is. However.. After I turned the Road Glide back in I jumped on my Dyna to compare, and I have to say that the Dyna, in its current configuration, is the best combination of fun and comfort in a bike I've ever had. I tore up and down the freeway as fast as possible on the Dyna and put it away with my mind made up that I am NOT selling that bike. I might get a second bike, but this setup is too killer. Anyway... for any of you that are considering switching.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:04 AM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Odelay

Been a while since I updated. Most recently added dual disc, Progressive monotube kit, JD Customs fairing, Woods 555 cams. Ordered some FXDL wheels and new Michelins to throw on, but I'm going to wait and get a little more mileage out of these tires first and just change it all at once.

Paint is probably next. I'm thinking about getting some NOS decals and going old school. I dig some of the old FXR schemes like this

Also, as a side note... I rented a new Road Glide the other day. I had been seriously considering selling my current bike and getting a new RG Special. I can say that the RG was probably the "nicest" bike that I have ever ridden. It was very comfortable and had everything you could want on a Harley. The rental had a mild cam and the 103 didn't disappoint. I thought the handling wasn't too bad either considering how heavy it is. However.. After I turned the Road Glide back in I jumped on my Dyna to compare, and I have to say that the Dyna, in its current configuration, is the best combination of fun and comfort in a bike I've ever had. I tore up and down the freeway as fast as possible on the Dyna and put it away with my mind made up that I am NOT selling that bike. I might get a second bike, but this setup is too killer. Anyway... for any of you that are considering switching.

How do you like the monotube setup? I'm still unsure of what to run up front

Old 03-10-2015, 01:10 AM
KennyHasTattoos
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2000 FXDL.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:17 AM
low225
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KennyHasTattoos

2000 FXDL.

nice I can't stand the tank decal on mine but it looks rad on yours in that color combo

Old 03-10-2015, 06:58 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
Right on Squid...what model # are you running? your pipe looks nice and high, I dig it.

The tough thing about my new bike is that it's pretty rare and it's not included in the figment options. I think the floorboards throw it off and leave things to chance. Maybe I'll call Bassani I and see what they say.

I'm probably going to end up starting a slew of "What FXDP part..." threads!
Have you thought about Sawicki Speed? Nice guy, can do custom and awesome sound. Might be an option.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamM
How do you like the monotube setup? I'm still unsure of what to run up front
Frankly I'm not a big fan. Can't get it stiff enough. Too much brake dive.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:53 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Odelay and Kenny, great looking bikes

Old 03-10-2015, 11:50 AM
KnifeGuy302
3rd Gear

Anyone seen a Street Bob with Biltwell Frisco bars ricking a fairing? I have friscos ( which are kinda rare on sb too ) but im wanting to take some longer trips and a fairing would save me a ton of agony. Im not a huge fairing fan looks wise but its been growing on me. Either way just curious if anyone has seen friscos with a fairing

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's