Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 12:37 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Trying to decide on a paint color...black seems too easy and over done, but I hate white. Might do a dark brown or gray. Something earthy and understated. I don't want to be the bright yellow or orange Dyna on the road.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:47 PM
rydercheers
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
Trying to decide on a paint color...black seems too easy and over done, but I hate white. Might do a dark brown or gray. Something earthy and understated. I don't want to be the bright yellow or orange Dyna on the road.
I always think silver with black FXDX tank decals look good on the Defenders.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by dennyo
Took a couple of Pics yesterday.

Bought a pipe from that Sporty Chopper guy.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:18 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

Dark brown. A few years back I was going to paint my car Root Beer Brown with Gold Flake. I've seen a few vehicles done in a dark brown and I like them.
Like you said understated and there won't be 100 of them on the same road as you.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:33 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Are you at all trying to keep a "cop-ish" themed look to the bike for your ACAB-Defender. Get all ironic with it and ****...

I like the silver idea.

I'm actually thinking about going silver.... maybe. Silver and black looks so effin cool.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:35 PM
BobberG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
Dark brown. A few years back I was going to paint my car Root Beer Brown with Gold Flake. I've seen a few vehicles done in a dark brown and I like them.
Like you said understated and there won't be 100 of them on the same road as you.
I've always loved some sort of bronze/copper/brown color. This one from prismatic is pretty slick.

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/gall...Bronze-Chrome/

These two as well... just tossin' ideas out there...

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/gall...azer-Rootbeer/

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/gall...sion-Top-Coar/

Last edited by BobberG; 03-09-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 755 Likes on 521 Posts

I remember about 8 months ago it seems, some guy from South Bay area, I think a woman backed into his bike and he had it repainted it this gorgeous medium gray gloss, it looked fab man, fab.

And if you desire a badge on the tank, my vote would be paint it on as opposed to an adhesive badge.

Dig the bike, look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:40 PM
rydercheers
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by low225
Here's my 00 fxdl work in progress..

I've only had it for about a month so far I'm pretty happy with it.

My last bike was all black so I decided to keep most of the chrome on it. Heres what ive done.
hand polished the lower forks and wheels
racetech gold valves
progressive springs
speed merchant pre loads
Used floating rotors
Biltwell bars and risers
alloy art goodentites
Sdc 3/4 throttle
Made my own sputhe type stabilizer
Installed the hagon nitros
Cv performance carb kit
Screamin eagles ignition and coil
Swap meet Ac with a cut up stock cover
Craigslist fairing color matched by me with rattle cans.
Swap meet seat I don't know what kind
Scored the pipe new at the swap also. I wanted a TH but couldn't pass up the deal. I made a new baffle for it to make it speak up.

Lookin to go to braided lines next and internally while the bars. I also want to fab up some 2" to put under the risers to get the bars to 14"

Here was my old sportster before I wrecked it.
Might be a dumb question but what did you polish your lowers and wheels with? I have an 02 FXDL that has chrome lowers on it but I would like to run dual disc and have searched high and low trying to find a right leg that's chrome. I can find aluminum take offs for cheap and thought about polishing those along with my wheels and never did it due to being worried I'd ruin something and it'd look terrible. P.S. your bike looks amazing. Probably my favorite bike at the moment.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:41 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming!

This color always appealed to me, I'd probably go a little darker and more copper (get it? COPper? Wokka Wokka!)

My REALdream, as stated was to make an anti-cop bike. Keep it police looking but sneak in some subliminal FTP's and ACAB's and what not, but the more custom I get, the harder it is to sell if need be. If I start slinging the F word all over my bike, it's not going to appeal to a new buyer.

That being said, I really like this Unknown Industries FXDP paint scheme, black but just enough white to keep tye police bike origins intact. A custom hand-painted star is not going to be cheap either ��

Old 03-09-2015, 05:09 PM
low225
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rydercheers
Might be a dumb question but what did you polish your lowers and wheels with? I have an 02 FXDL that has chrome lowers on it but I would like to run dual disc and have searched high and low trying to find a right leg that's chrome. I can find aluminum take offs for cheap and thought about polishing those along with my wheels and never did it due to being worried I'd ruin something and it'd look terrible. P.S. your bike looks amazing. Probably my favorite bike at the moment.
Thanks for the props I appreciate it!
I used 80 grit paper on a DA sander to strip off the clear coat then 120 grit and 220 grit on the DA then wet sanded with 500 grit up to 2000 grit. I hit it with a cheap buff w hell from HF and red compound then cleaned them with dish soap and finish polished them with mothers mag polish and a polishing cloth.

If you use paint stripper instead of sanding off the clear you can skip a couple steps.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's