Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 11:49 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
It's been a few years since going through this on my last bike, trying to get the parts lined up in my head...

Who makes the narrowest T-bars/MX-Tbars? I was running 14" WCMXT Bars on the last bike. They felt like a good height but sometimes felt a little too wide.

I think Death Squad is a little narrower right? Maybe I'll get WCT Bars again but cut them down...or a riser flat bar combo...

Also torn on the Thunderheader vs Bassani. Nothing beats the T-Header's sound, but the damn fading and peeling sucks. Plus heat shields sold separately. Leaning toward Bassani this time around....
A couple friends have DeathSquad, they seem very narrow.

I get it on the sound (and look) of the TH, but it seems lots of guys swear by the Bassani--especially on built motors.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:03 AM
sonnyq1976
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haven't posted in a while but here she is<br/>

Old 03-08-2015, 07:39 AM
Rockabillphil
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi all,
here's mine so far... it's "done" for now, just need rear shocks before the season starts (winter here) and i'll be ready to go.

Last edited by Rockabillphil; 03-16-2015 at 05:55 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-08-2015, 08:38 AM
low225
Intermediate

Here's my 00 fxdl work in progress..
Name:  IMG_20150226_143240_zpsovhquwmd.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  262.0 KB
Name:  IMG_20150307_175504_zpsww2bgvnh.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  144.3 KB

I've only had it for about a month so far I'm pretty happy with it.

My last bike was all black so I decided to keep most of the chrome on it. Heres what ive done.
hand polished the lower forks and wheels
racetech gold valves
progressive springs
speed merchant pre loads
Used floating rotors
Biltwell bars and risers
alloy art goodentites
Sdc 3/4 throttle
Made my own sputhe type stabilizer
Installed the hagon nitros
Cv performance carb kit
Screamin eagles ignition and coil
Swap meet Ac with a cut up stock cover
Craigslist fairing color matched by me with rattle cans.
Swap meet seat I don't know what kind
Scored the pipe new at the swap also. I wanted a TH but couldn't pass up the deal. I made a new baffle for it to make it speak up.

Lookin to go to braided lines next and internally while the bars. I also want to fab up some 2" to put under the risers to get the bars to 14"

Here was my old sportster before I wrecked it.
Name:  20141205_113734_zpsz8vpuvh2.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  73.4 KB

Last edited by low225; 03-09-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:44 AM
low225
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bringtheruckus
Confused here slightly. I'm 175 pounds, and run 20 pounds in my air shocks, maybe they still give too much? Ive read thats what dudes ride when 2 up, or if they are agressive riders...and thats on Road kings (heavier Id assume). May be up for trade or sale if someone is interested. Any one have anything?
I'm guessing it is due to the placement and angle of the shock on a dyna in relation to the swing arm that there is more leverage placed on the shock requiring a heavier spring rate. On the RK the shock is right over the axle. You just need to run more psi.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:14 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr

hey dennyo, did you go to the swap meet @ Jamestown Harley today?

YUP !, Not much goin on , Lotsa Bikes , There was about 5 people sell-in
Lots a bikes on the road , Perfect day for Ride-In ,,,

Old 03-08-2015, 10:39 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by dennyo
YUP !, Not much goin on , Lotsa Bikes , There was about 5 people sell-in
Lots a bikes on the road , Perfect day for Ride-In ,,,

Yeah, perfect day...70ish. Not as many vendors as last year, but i still bought a bunch o' stuff.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:47 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by low225
Originally Posted by bringtheruckus
Confused here slightly. I'm 175 pounds, and run 20 pounds in my air shocks, maybe they still give too much? Ive read thats what dudes ride when 2 up, or if they are agressive riders...and thats on Road kings (heavier Id assume). May be up for trade or sale if someone is interested. Any one have anything? haha. Yes, I know **** will always drag, just if I could minimize it it would be nice.
I'm guessing it is due to the placement and angle of the shock on a dyna in relation to the swing arm that there is more leverage placed on the shock requiring a heavier spring rate. On the RK the shock is right over the axle. You just need to run more psi.
It's all Physics

Touring, Sportster, FXR

Dyna

Old 03-08-2015, 10:56 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
It's been a few years since going through this on my last bike, trying to get the parts lined up in my head...

Who makes the narrowest T-bars/MX-Tbars? I was running 14" WCMXT Bars on the last bike. They felt like a good height but sometimes felt a little too wide.

I think Death Squad is a little narrower right? Maybe I'll get WCT Bars again but cut them down...or a riser flat bar combo...

Also torn on the Thunderheader vs Bassani. Nothing beats the T-Header's sound, but the damn fading and peeling sucks. Plus heat shields sold separately. Leaning toward Bassani this time around....
I have Death Squads, 27" of lane splitting goodness.

You might be able to find a used TH and have it ceramic coated at Electrotech in San Marcos for less than the cost of a new one. That being said, I love my Bassani. I loved my other one (1D5250) too, but it was just too ear-splitting loud. Plus, if you ever have a problem, it's a short ride to the factory in Anaheim where they stop everything they're doing to help you out. One of my heat shields started bubbling at the head. They replaced it on the spot and gave me a contrast cut end cap for the trouble.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:08 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Right on Squid...what model # are you running? your pipe looks nice and high, I dig it.

The tough thing about my new bike is that it's pretty rare and it's not included in the figment options. I think the floorboards throw it off and leave things to chance. Maybe I'll call Bassani I and see what they say.

I'm probably going to end up starting a slew of "What FXDP part..." threads!

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's