Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 10:16 PM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

got the new shocks in they are 13.5 made specifically for the dyna they look identical to my stock 12'' shocks, got them from shock guy on ebay, he says harley is going to start selling them in march,

up next waiting on my Spf exhaust to come in this month cant wait!

Old 02-11-2015, 03:49 AM
artkrhymes
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! Yea bro, I think mine will come in the middle of March, maybe sooner...

Old 02-11-2015, 08:19 AM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 9foot
shes in the process
Haha, mine looked pretty much identical to this last winter at this time (see below). Dont see too many black cherry Dyna's around, looking forward to the finished product. I havent been on here in a while, a lot of nice work being done.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_20140129_185655.jpg  
Old 02-11-2015, 08:23 AM
speedkills66
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Added the Laminar Lip a couple days ago....

Old 02-11-2015, 09:29 AM
BobberG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedkills66
Added the Laminar Lip a couple days ago....

Dude that's weird. I have a folder on my computer with tons of 'inspiration' bikes and I have a handful of pics of yours. I was literally just looking at your bike then loaded this thread and there it is. haha I just installed the HD fairing last night and noticed a bit of buffeting on the way to work this morning. Wasn't bad, but annoying enough. How is that laminar lip? It just pops right off without leaving any adhesive behind right?

Old 02-11-2015, 09:26 PM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

added 2'' dk customs risers to my tbars to make it a total of 14''

stock cables work fine plenty of slack

Old 02-12-2015, 12:00 AM
DYNAfxdb
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtbag32
She has 12" bars on her now but I feel I should have gone with 10" bars...
I have 10' want some 12' wanna trade?

Old 02-12-2015, 08:32 AM
speedkills66
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BobberG
Dude that's weird. I have a folder on my computer with tons of 'inspiration' bikes and I have a handful of pics of yours. I was literally just looking at your bike then loaded this thread and there it is. haha I just installed the HD fairing last night and noticed a bit of buffeting on the way to work this morning. Wasn't bad, but annoying enough. How is that laminar lip? It just pops right off without leaving any adhesive behind right?
Thanks I appreciate the compliment!

About buffeting:
I'll admit I'm not sure what everyone means when they say that....or I've never felt it. I mean sure there's plenty of wind force especially when going fast but I just called it "wind".
I've never experienced anything that I considered unusual.

Having said that - I used to have no fairing and the wind at high speed was uncomfortable. Especially when prolonged. I felt like a flying squirrel and my helmet became heavier and looking down or to the side was more difficult.
Than I had a Ness fairing. Instant improvement. 75% less wind on my chest, and my head took less of a beating and I could ride without feeling like I am hanging on .
Than I switched (because of looks mainly) to the HD 1/4 fairing. Even less wind on my chest and less to my head than the Ness. Now I could ride much more relaxed and I can keep the shield on my full face up until 60mph or so.
Now I added the Laminar Lip and again even less wind to my head. My head and neck are very relaxed, and I can keep my shield up until 80mph or so.
My only concern with the Laminar Lip is sometimes it feels as if its "catching" more wind and my front end feels a little different somehow. Still not ready to do anything about it and I really do like the Lip just may need to adjust things a bit.

SO - about your buffeting - maybe you just need to adjust your fairing a bit.
Mine is set as far forward and up in the brackets as it goes.
Then I also added a quarter inch or so of washers to the bung king head light spacer to raise it a little further.
Very little wind to my head, certainly nothing out of the norm or unexpected while riding a motorcycle. My neck does not hurt, and as I said I can be very relaxed and keep my shield up even on the freeway...

DO you have the Bung King brackets? If not that might be a solution. If so, try adjusting the fairing out or up.

Hope that helps!!!

Cheers.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:43 AM
speedkills66
Road Captain

WOW.
How about this?
I wrote that last post about buffeting, then hopped on my bike and rode to work, and NOW I KNOW WHAT BUFFETING IS.
I hated it!! I have a headache....
Everything was great and I was just thinking about how nice it was to be on the freeway with almost no wind on my chest and face and then I accelerated slightly and it hit...right between 76 and 82 mph it was horrible!
If I can't adjust that out of the Laminar Lip quickly it's gotta go...
My HD Quarter fairing NEVER did anything to me remotely like that.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:59 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 831 Likes on 376 Posts

[QUOTE=speedkills66;13699214]Thanks I appreciate the compliment!

About buffeting:
I'll admit I'm not sure what everyone means when they say that....or I've never felt it. I mean sure there's plenty of wind force especially when going fast but I just called it "wind".
QUOTE]

This part made me chuckle. I always read that and think are guys mad that wind is touching them? When guys rode it used to be called "Getting in the wind" Now it's gonna get called "Getting into the low pressure area behind my fairing" .

This is in jest, I've suffered through hundreds of miles of wind beating me to death before I finally got my 1/4 fairing in the right position. Was never an issue after that.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's