Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 08:40 AM
Vonswanko
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanuki
Can you point me to where you got them and how much is involved in fitting them?
They're the $100 ones from eBay. Just a quick trim on the bottoms to clear the highway peg mounts. I use the Dyna engine guard from Harley.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:05 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by izhd
I had SE Heavy Breather on Sportster - really can't compare to Dyna, way cooler engine. What brand is your intake?

Lanes on 5 are way wider in OC & Dago area, it's nightmare from LA downtown to 91..
Yeah, we have lots more room down here for sure.

Current intake is the K&N model, but I had a Heavy Breather elbow and a Figure Machine elbow (both leaked blow by all over my exhaust) and they temp drop was similar for those. The K&N has a much better breather system that keeps the blow by contained. And it's easier to remove for throttle body cleaning.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:44 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good to see I just mounted my heavy breather..i gotta get some pics up of mine..factory 2-2 comin off bassani waiting to go on and mags need some PC have my connections to get the full fender you like yours better Todd ?

Old 01-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Olivestreetbob
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait so is there something wrong with my front brake setup?

Old 01-15-2015, 02:08 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno from what i read someone says yours is a example of the pads not braking on the entire surface of the rotor..if you look is there a section of pad not riding the surface of the rotor? if its all good then dont worry about it

Old 01-15-2015, 02:49 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by Olivestreetbob
wait so is there something wrong with my front brake setup?
If your serious....Yeah 2006-15 Dynas caliper mounting bosses are at a different location on the slider relative to the axle than touring models. 2006-15 dynas always had 11.8 rotors in the front. When Touring models went from 11.5 to 11.8 rotors in 2008 they didn't change the caliper mounting location, they changed the calipers themselves to accommodate the increase in rotor diameter. So when you cross mix when putting 2008-later Touring Brembos on dynas, you are moving the callipers/brake pads even farther above the rotor.

Make sense?

Old 01-15-2015, 07:17 PM
Brettfullthrottle
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's mine;

Old 01-15-2015, 08:30 PM
kit05
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
Yes, the front rim change required different front rotors from your originals, but it didn't require reducing the diameter of the front rotors from 11.8 to 11.5

Yes, the rear rim change allowed you to retain your original rear rotor. that rear rotor has remained the same 2000-2015

You just trying to get by until you get the proper sized floaters?

Hey btw, not trying to bust your *****. i was just taken back with seeing a new 2015 bike with front rotors that haven't been on a dyna since 2005 and of an incorrect size for the current slider/caliper set-up.

i talked to the dealer and and reviewed all the information that was available in the service dept, apparently the set up calls for 11.5 rotors.

so i decided to check the bike a little closer pulled out the VC and measure and everything appeared to be within specs, i also checked a stock setup while i was at the dealer.no safety concerns and full contact of pad on the rotors. i still changed to the 11.8 rotors however the contact cirumfrence will not change with the current pads.

so the only real difference is the 11.8 rotors will have some material towards the outer edge.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:38 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonswanko
They're the $100 ones from eBay. Just a quick trim on the bottoms to clear the highway peg mounts. I use the Dyna engine guard from Harley.
Do you have highway pegs mounted to where normal forwards would mount? Also, did the crash bar mount with the u joints to the frame?

I have a crash bar that mounts with the u joints to the frame and I run forwards, so Ive been wondering if the lowers from ebay would work or would they hit my forwards controls?

Last edited by ghoticov; 01-15-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Callotto
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 fxdb-s

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's