Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Vonswanko
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Well that's cool!
Thanks man...

Looks great! I didn't know you can mount engine guard and highwy pegs, pretty cool!
Its the engine guard that mounts with U bolts. I had to notch it to work with the True-Track. I can put my feet on the highway pegs, and my feet stay nice and warm.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:58 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonswanko
Geared up for winter, and now with a JD Customs T Sport Fairing

Wow that looks great! Who would have thought?! Nice job man I've never seen that before. Does the guard drag in the corners?

Old 01-08-2015, 07:26 PM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Geared up for winter, and now with a JD Customs T Sport Fairing

That is a serious f*cking machine!
Nice work!
What seat is that? And is it for 06 and newer?

Old 01-09-2015, 06:30 AM
Vonswanko
Road Master

Wow that looks great! Who would have thought?! Nice job man I've never seen that before. Does the guard drag in the corners?
Haven't touched the guard to the ground yet, but I do take it a little easier when I have the bike set up for the winter.The DXT shocks help with the lean angle too.

That is a serious f*cking machine!
Nice work!
What seat is that? And is it for 06 and newer?
Thanks! Its a C&C Sport Tour that I had re-covered and fit for me locally.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:11 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

I really like your bike, vonswanko. Are those lowers current bagger lowers? And is that just an HD crashbar?

It looks like there's a design/pattern on your paint. If yes, can you post a close-up of it?

Thanks.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:29 AM
BobberG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b2inUT
It looks like there's a design/pattern on your paint. If yes, can you post a close-up of it?
Was just about to ask the same thing.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Vonswanko
Road Master

I really like your bike, vonswanko. Are those lowers current bagger lowers? And is that just an HD crashbar?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
They are the current style of lowers, and a Harley engine guard made for the Dyna.

My paint is a subtle panel job of silver over black. Looks black until you're right on it. Really hard to photograph. It also keeps me from standing out to much. A little anonymity goes a long way.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:28 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

That's very cool! Thanks man!

They are the current style of lowers, and a Harley engine guard made for the Dyna.

My paint is a subtle panel job of silver over black. Looks black until you're right on it. Really hard to photograph. It also keeps me from standing out to much. A little anonymity goes a long way.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:18 AM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks man...

Its the engine guard that mounts with U bolts. I had to notch it to work with the True-Track. I can put my feet on the highway pegs, and my feet stay nice and warm.
Beautiful ride......damn....

Old 01-10-2015, 12:19 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jmb79
Glad to see your bike still looks amazing.

Any theories as to why the elbow air intake causes the heads to run cooler?
In my not-so-expert opinion, it's most likely due to having the intake further away from the heat of the heads. K&N calls it a "cold air intake," and I'm seeing at least 10 and as much as 20 degree cooler temps with it in real life riding.

Originally Posted by 07bobber
That ohlin cartridge kit is gonna make your rear suspension feel like garbage.... Do u plan on upgrading the rear down the road?
I had Ohlin HD909s on the rear before switching to the SwayAways. It was a step down in ride quality for sure, but not too significant. I know what you're saying though and know there's a good chance of another rear end change down the road.

Originally Posted by robbyville
First off, good shots of the bike, you really get a good feel for the set up and colors, more so than other shots I've seen. Of course it's always been a favorite for everyone here.

As for the vid, no wonder you keep your bars so narrow, holy crap. I used to ride some incredibly tight single track on the mountain bike in Whistler and North Vancouver, I couldn't imagine doing that on a motorcycle like you do. Do you speed up the film?

We're contemplating a move to CA next year so I may get some practice, but I think we're going Palm Desert region so probably not the same level of traffic there!
Nope, vid is actual speed, but the wide angle lens distorts distances. Although I've brushed up a mirror or two, there's normally plenty of room on the 5 and the 99% of the drivers are used to, and make room for, lane splitters. Just gotta keep hyper-vigilant of the out-of-state a-holes who deliberately try to block your path.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's