Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 12:49 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by kit05
i had the dealer install the rims, when preparing the parts list for the bike i didn't anticipate buying new rotors< and the dealer i don't think did either, until you said something i didn't even notice.

good catch, i will have the dealer change the rotors they can pay.

good thing i haven't rode the bike yet still has 6kms from factory on it!
I've never ceased to be amazed by the quality (low) of the dealership's mechanics.

Here's another small detail that jumps out indicating incompatible parts. I'll use fordaith's 2004 FXD to illustrate the comparison

Notice the front rotor wear pattern of fordaith's vs Yours. His is closer towards the center of the rotor than yours. Which means your pads are probably slightly outside the diameter of the rotor.

This is the same thing that happens when Dyna owners try to put Touring Brembos on without increasing the diameter of their original 11.8 front rotors (06-15)

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-fxd04-15rotors.jpg  

Last edited by multihdrdr; 12-28-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:11 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Hey, this might be a great time to mention that i'll probably be offering an INSTALL KIT to put Earlier NarrowGlide Wheels (such as 13-spoke Mags) on 06-later MidGlides. To include Rotor Spacers/Bolts and Whl brg/axle Spacers plus Internal Spacer Sleeves and Outer Brg Race Spacers for some applications.

Someone might be interested

Old 12-28-2014, 02:48 PM
JokerWhiskey
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey guys, I just got a 2007 FXD, bone stock with only 2600 miles on it and will be taking it in the club direction. Some amazing inspiration in here...Squid, SLV, Emerican, Irish...you guys have what I am aspiring too! You guys have done some amazing work! I do have a quick question though...I am a new rider, like just got my first bike new and I was wondering if mid controls really do give you that much more control over fwds? I have mids now, but due to a hip surgery a couple of years ago, my hips cramp leaving stoplights and anything over about 10 miles my hips are screaming when I get off the bike. But, I want to learn to ride aggressively, but is the trade-off between comfort and aggressiveness going to be drastic? Anyway, thanks guys!

Old 12-28-2014, 02:56 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JokerWhiskey
hey guys, I just got a 2007 FXD, bone stock with only 2600 miles on it and will be taking it in the club direction. Some amazing inspiration in here...Squid, SLV, Emerican, Irish...you guys have what I am aspiring too! You guys have done some amazing work! I do have a quick question though...I am a new rider, like just got my first bike new and I was wondering if mid controls really do give you that much more control over fwds? I have mids now, but due to a hip surgery a couple of years ago, my hips cramp leaving stoplights and anything over about 10 miles my hips are screaming when I get off the bike. But, I want to learn to ride aggressively, but is the trade-off between comfort and aggressiveness going to be drastic? Anyway, thanks guys!
If you want the best of both worlds put some highway pegs on it and keep the mid controls. Congrats on the new bike, be careful out there while learning how to ride

Old 12-28-2014, 03:02 PM
JokerWhiskey
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
If you want the best of both worlds put some highway pegs on it and keep the mid controls. Congrats on the new bike, be careful out there while learning how to ride
Thanks man, I forgot to add you in my list of inspiration! Your bike is very well done as well! I did meet the asphalt within my first 50 miles. Guy cut me off, i had nowhere to go but down. No real damage to the bike and I landed on my feet, but lesson definitely learned! The slow speed stuff is what gets me. I looked at highway pegs, but my commute down here in FL is all city traffic and stop lights...not sure if the highway pegs will help my issue. When I was stationed in UT, highway pegs would have been money cause I actually had some highway in my commute! LOL! I am just trying to get opinions and knowledge from the people in here. Once again, thank you!

Old 12-28-2014, 03:07 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member

Hey thanks JokerWhiskey for reminding me...

just to offer some more credibility...when emerican19 had an issue with his fork brace not fitting properly, i was able to help him out by mentioning that he had changed his sliders to Shorter V-Rod sliders.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...all-trick.html

Last edited by multihdrdr; 12-28-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:58 PM
THIGH11SURPISE
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin seat...

If anybody is interested I have a Corbin Gunfight seat I'll be putting up for sale...goes to a 04-05 FXD, FXDX, etc. has everything keys, locking bracket. Great shape...asking $225. Hit me up.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Percyco
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2007 FXD with Street Bob take off parts .......

Old 12-29-2014, 01:05 AM
JazzNicholson
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

To be honest, I'm not sure if my bike is considered club/thug/etc. style or not, but I'm getting good ideas for fairings. Just wondering what style of fairing I should get with my windows bars.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:38 AM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 808 Likes on 437 Posts

Just a warning to all you guys who like this style of bike...a local MC lost a member recently because he hit his bars/risers in an accident and ripped his Aorta out of his heart and died.....gotta love those Apes dudes.....

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's