Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 12:50 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
has anyone fitted sporty wheels on theyre dyna? me and a guy are gonna swap and Harley told him my rear wheel wouldn't fit his 883 iron
I have run a Sporty rear wheel on my 05 Dyna, will depend on years and axle diameter/bearings etc. But it can be done.
Harley will always tell you it cannot be done if it is not in there catalog, it is a liability issue for them.
Here is my 05 with the Sporty rear wheel.

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-03119.jpg

Last edited by 8541hog; 07-14-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:16 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 8541hog
I have run a Sporty rear wheel on my 05 Dyna, will depend on years and axle diameter/bearings etc. But it can be done.
Harley will always tell you it cannot be done if it is not in there catalog, it is a liability issue for them.
Here is my 05 with the Sporty rear wheel.

Attachment 389653
right on..did you just buy a spacer kit to make fit? how about the rotor any spacers for offset?

Old 07-14-2014, 02:33 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
right on..did you just buy a spacer kit to make fit? how about the rotor any spacers for offset?
In my case I used my stock spacers, wheel was a straight swap.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Ta2rtist
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey all im looking for a 1/4 fairing for a wideglide, any pics ,info,any for sale?

Old 07-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Throttle_Jockey
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Johnny what year is your bike?

The bearing OD is the same for HD mags 00-08 for sure. I'm building a softail with 08 Dyna wheels. The rear still has a 3/4" axle and the bearings I used are 00-04 fxdx part number. I just cut a spacer with a 3/4" ID to the length that was in it. The front stayed the same because of the 07 Night Rod front end.

Name:  A9DA5622-BE21-48A2-81B9-E84394C46BC6.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  74.3 KB

Old 07-15-2014, 09:17 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeg212001
Pretty easy install, for the newer bikes like ours, u need an adapter to convert the 2 wire light to work with the 3 wire setup. I did some on my bike a few weeks ago, and used the custom dynamics dual converter. Look on page 540 of this thread, and you can see how they look on my bike.
I tried this same set up, but the LEDs were really dim...dangerously so IMO, so I put my Ness LEDs back. Alloy Art was kind enough to even send me another set of LEDs to swap out, but they were just as dim. I think the Custom Dynamics dual converter has too much resistance for a 3 LED array since they were made for a 5-10 LED array. So I went to Radio Shack and picked up some smaller resistors and plan to make my own converter. If it works, I'll post results.

I saw your pics and your LEDs don't appear to be dim at all, so it may be something unique to my bike. I had to replace my rear harness after bottoming out a few times with my old shocks. I used heavier gauge wiring that might be contributing to the problem.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:40 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by speedkills66
I don't know how to take the killer pictures you guys get but I added my LP bags, and while I was at it swapped out stock rear lights for some Ness Power LEDs.
Very very pleased with the outcome.
Next up- getting my 2007 Lowrider mags powder coated and put on in a week or so....

B-E-A-Utiful man!

You can black out the chrome peaking through on your upper fork tubes and dust caps with some
3M 1080 auto vinyl. 3M 1080 auto vinyl.
I use it all over my bike. It stretches and adheres to curves really well without bubbling. Before I put on my SDC fork brace, my dust caps had 15K miles on the wrap and it still looked like fresh powder coat. I replaced the upper wrap after 10K miles only because I changed my fairing mount height and you could see the previous marks in the vinyl. I also used it to cover my frame stickers.

Name:  forkwrap20140608_093243.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  175.9 KB

Old 07-15-2014, 10:50 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I tried this same set up, but the LEDs were really dim...dangerously so IMO, so I put my Ness LEDs back. Alloy Art was kind enough to even send me another set of LEDs to swap out, but they were just as dim. I think the Custom Dynamics dual converter has too much resistance for a 3 LED array since they were made for a 5-10 LED array. So I went to Radio Shack and picked up some smaller resistors and plan to make my own converter. If it works, I'll post results.

I saw your pics and your LEDs don't appear to be dim at all, so it may be something unique to my bike. I had to replace my rear harness after bottoming out a few times with my old shocks. I used heavier gauge wiring that might be contributing to the problem.
Heavier gauge wire will not cause a higher resistance issue, the bigger the gauge the less resistance. Sounds like you have a mis-wire or a couple wires making contact that should not be.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:08 AM
wkeysor
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice ride. Quick question, which fairing are you using. Not happy with the Memphis Shade. Thx.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:09 AM
rydercheers
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Couple of questions for you guys. I already have a used Rifle fairing that I got for getting some scratches out of a buddy's front fender and I just rattle canned it flat black to see if I would even like a fairing. I love the thing, but I'm thinking of ordering a whole new one and getting it color matched. What paint code do you need? I called my local dealer and asked for a paint code and he said they don't do it. I've looked and can't find one for the Real Red that my bike is. I called Rifle and asked the customer service lady and asked if I needed an H-D paint code, a PPG code, or just the name of the factory color and she replied with a "Yes". So which one do I need? I also ordered a set of Leather Pro FXDXT bags that I watched an install video of and they say you need the little block off plate for the turn signals since mine is an '02. I just ordered a set of Alloy Art strut lights thinking I could use those instead. Is anyone running these lights and bags together? Any fitment issues? I can only think that I may have to shave down one of the spacers that come with the bags since the light goes over the whole strut instead of in the recessed part where the light stalk sat in but that's no biggie. Sorry for writing the book here I just ordered a ton of crap so I'll be posting up some pictures of the progress when everything lands at my door.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's