Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 09:06 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
I don't even have time to look at any other threads anymore you guys are gonna send me into a jealous rage. Very very very clean bike man, gotta be my favorite out of canada, great wheelie pic, I love the bike too
I know just what you mean...it's amazing how many sick bikes show up after a few days of not checking in. I don't have time to read any other threads.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:36 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Badass as ever. Is that a Horsepower Inc. intake?
Thanks. It's an hpi throttle body but I used an old style 2 piece se high flow I had laying around that I enlarged and smoothed and used a wood 325 filter.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:59 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hutch08
Got enough miles on the bike to finally run it on the dyno, pulled 90hp and 100ftlbs. I think she's running out of breath on the top end with the high flow heads and high lift cams, but it's running pretty good as is... Mikuni 42 in the future.

Also blacked out the legs and threw on some fork boots to beef up the front end:

Damn, I love this bike..

That bike looks great hutch. Wish I could have found that color.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:49 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by vdop
Really miss my thunderheader but it's a rocket with the boarzilla. Did something different and left the heatshields off and scuffed up the headpipe. I'd squirt the muffler black but I don't want to hurt the resale. Going to build a thunderheader that hopefully makes the power of the zilla.

This is the coolest bike on the forum! Maybe not Kalifornistan club style but definitely Thug. Do you have a thread where you explain your Buell wheel swap?

Old 06-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Throttle_Jockey
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vdop ,

Is that a shift light or oil light on your top clamp? Either way what brand is it?

Old 06-30-2014, 06:02 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

That is a nice set-up

Name:  ShiftLightquestion.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  321.5 KB

Old 06-30-2014, 06:40 PM
vdop
Road Master

Originally Posted by fxdlx
This is the coolest bike on the forum! Maybe not Kalifornistan club style but definitely Thug. Do you have a thread where you explain your Buell wheel swap?
Wow, thanks. Definitely not the California style, I don't really consider it a type of style, other than mine maybe, just built what I wanted. I just figure this is where it'd be most appropriate. This should get you to the build thread https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...treet-bob.html
Originally Posted by Throttle_Jockey
Vdop ,

Is that a shift light or oil light on your top clamp? Either way what brand is it?
Shift light, made by raptor. Can be found pretty reasonable on eBay in different colors and works great. I made the little bracket. Would have been much easier to mount it to the front side of the dash but I didn't think it would be visible enough. I wired it with a connector so I can pop it off and throw it in my backpack or pocket if it rains.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:51 PM
PWMORRIS
Road Captain
Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts

VDop,
Glad you like the new power with the Zilla but totally understand wanting to get the bigger T Header on there. That Zilla looks totally out of place on your bike.
I'm sure you will make close to Zilla power (if not more) with the new modded pipe.

You going to the track with your bike?

Old 06-30-2014, 08:55 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

VDOP:

So to make the light work you just have to tap into the speedo signal?

Old 06-30-2014, 09:44 PM
vdop
Road Master

Originally Posted by PWMORRIS
VDop,
Glad you like the new power with the Zilla but totally understand wanting to get the bigger T Header on there. That Zilla looks totally out of place on your bike.
I'm sure you will make close to Zilla power (if not more) with the new modded pipe.

You going to the track with your bike?
Paul, it might get a burns or guppy or something eventually. I'm just messing around and having fun for now, seeing what I can do with hd cams and off the shelf parts. I'll probably try a set of 640s in it at some point. It'll always be a big step behind your street bike

I'm not sure about the track. The trans isn't too happy. I thought I had it figured out, and it's better, no longer pops out of 3rd at part throttle. But If I run through the gears wot without the clutch sometimes it'll pop out at the top of 3rd, not getting full engagement when you shift it too quick. Seems to be fine shifting with the clutch but then it slips after separating the plates. I don't want to waste a 6 hour round trip to the track. This winter it'll have to go to r&d, I'm just riding the **** out of it every day, don't want to pull it down mid season.
Originally Posted by HD Bobber
VDOP:

So to make the light work you just have to tap into the speedo signal?
No, the speedo gets its tach signal from the data link, not an actual tach signal. Just tap into either front or rear cylinder wire in the coil harness (not plug wire) and set the shift light to single cylinder.

Last edited by vdop; 06-30-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's