Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:30 PM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dudshep31
Finally got this thing off the lift and went for a quick ride.

Just plain badass sic...damn pleasing to the eye all around...are you going to leave the Speed Merch piece as is? or paint/powder?...

Old 06-26-2014, 09:35 PM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Rigged up the Ness fairing to see how it's going to look. Think I'm going to use my old signal re-locators to get it mounted. Once I have it mounted up, I'll paint it white to match the bike. I think it looks pretty good myself....she's starting to come together.

Nice...that's a good look DK94...

Old 06-26-2014, 09:40 PM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by theduroche
Okay boys, after drooling over your sickles all winter long (thanks for that, by the way), I'm finally ready to show off mine.
Hope you like it.

Attachment 386602

Attachment 386603

Attachment 386604

Attachment 386605

Attachment 386606

p.s. Hope I loaded the pics properly...
Im liking this..Im really diggin on the can, but I want to hear the story...has to be one

Old 06-26-2014, 10:21 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain

Originally Posted by wolfmojo11
Just plain badass sic...damn pleasing to the eye all around...are you going to leave the Speed Merch piece as is? or paint/powder?...
Thanks wolf. I'm still undecided about that piece but def open to suggestions.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:43 AM
sonnyq1976
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you guys with Switchback wheels on your street bob's, did you have to get new spacers, or do major modifications?

Old 06-27-2014, 04:52 AM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmojo11
Im liking this..Im really diggin on the can, but I want to hear the story...has to be one
Well, I wanted something different than a t-header, and I liked the look of what Roland Sands was doing with his mufflers with that whole race-inspired thing, and I didn't have a lot to spend on a pipe.
Anyhow, it's a Muzzy can for a Kawi. I adapted it to the V&H 2into1 headpipe and wrapped it in carbon fiber.
I think I might've lost some weight since it's so light and I used aluminum for the brackets.
Sorry if that's not much of a story, but thanks for the props.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:57 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick question, since most of you run Thunderheaders here I need some advice.

My Black T Header had about 500 miles on it when I bought my bike, but the guy who installed it for the previous owner scratched it in several places during install. Even the muffler had a scratch down to the metal.

So, I have it off the bike currently and wanted to recoat it with the VHT Black. So, I scuffed the original black coating with 220, wiped it down with alcohol until the towels didnt pick up anymore black and sprayed a few coats of VHT on it.

First thing I notice is the VHT is way more flat than the T Header Black coating was, and I think it doesnt look as nice now.

Second...even though I sanded the scratched areas before painting with the VHT, I can see every flaw that was in the original black under the VHT paint.

I didnt do my research on this paint before I sprayed and wasnt aware that VHT also offered a primer, and clear for this job. I just thought that since my Thunderheader was flat black already,I didnt need to prime it, and since it was flat I didnt need a clear either? Do I need to try and sand off all of the VHT paint I applied, and start over starting with the VHT primer? Is it ok to paint over the original Black Thunderheader coating if I chose to redo this with the DEI Primer,Paint,and Clear?

I noticed one guy used DEI Silicone Black over a scuffed up Chrome T Header and it looked nice and semi-glossy. I figured the Chrome base, gave a smoother surface and attributed that to the nice semi gloss finish he achieved.

Advice appreciated.

Last edited by parts eeter; 06-27-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:05 AM
Cascade
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made my thunderheader black with some Zebraline black grate polish. Excellent result. A bit more glossy then the standard black thunderheader puts on. And also more wallet friendly then ceramic coating.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:37 AM
dudshep31
Road Captain

Originally Posted by theduroche
Well, I wanted something different than a t-header, and I liked the look of what Roland Sands was doing with his mufflers with that whole race-inspired thing, and I didn't have a lot to spend on a pipe.
Anyhow, it's a Muzzy can for a Kawi. I adapted it to the V&H 2into1 headpipe and wrapped it in carbon fiber.
I think I might've lost some weight since it's so light and I used aluminum for the brackets.
Sorry if that's not much of a story, but thanks for the props.
Badass. You saved on weight and cash. Very nice

Old 06-27-2014, 09:22 AM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's