Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:02 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DYNARYDER87
Thinking about either putting in a monster motor and more suspension mods in it or selling it after this year
Jesse we have not even rode out together you can not sell that bitch yet!

Old 05-30-2014, 04:37 PM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Long time no see Jesse.

What you thinking of getting if you sell the dyna? My vote would be monster badass motor then wait a bit and get a second ride
I just bought a 08 Trailblazer SS last November and was toying with the idea of selling the bike to build a custom turbo or supercharger setup for it. I honestly dont know if I would be able to let the bike go though, I spent so much time and money to get where it is. I know id probably be pissed if I did lol, will see. You still going up to Brauerhouse bike night? Ill ride by in a week or two one Thursday. I still owe ya that beer from two years ago lol

Old 05-30-2014, 04:39 PM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
Jesse we have not even rode out together you can not sell that bitch yet!
No doubt man, we need to ride sometime this summer!

Old 05-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thunderheader showed up today, going to learn my older boy a thing or two and have him "help" me install it tomorrow morning. Figure he's 6 now so if I get him going soon by the time he's 10 he can do all my wrenching for me while I sit back and drink a beer .

Question though... Should I do the baffle bend right away, or give it a ride or two first? If I do, do you recommend 2, 3, or all 4 tabs be bent out?

Old 05-30-2014, 10:36 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DYNARYDER87
I just bought a 08 Trailblazer SS last November and was toying with the idea of selling the bike to build a custom turbo or supercharger setup for it. I honestly dont know if I would be able to let the bike go though, I spent so much time and money to get where it is. I know id probably be pissed if I did lol, will see. You still going up to Brauerhouse bike night? Ill ride by in a week or two one Thursday. I still owe ya that beer from two years ago lol
Those SS's are badass man!

Yah I'm at every bike night as long as it doesn't rain. Last night was slammed! Some guy brought his drag car with parachute and wheelie bars (was really mean) and the bikes were lined all the way down. Try to come out soon.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:10 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
Thunderheader showed up today, going to learn my older boy a thing or two and have him "help" me install it tomorrow morning. Figure he's 6 now so if I get him going soon by the time he's 10 he can do all my wrenching for me while I sit back and drink a beer .

Question though... Should I do the baffle bend right away, or give it a ride or two first? If I do, do you recommend 2, 3, or all 4 tabs be bent out?
Don't do any. No point in buying a $600 pipe and hammering a screwdriver into the back of it. With certain gains, there are losses. I remember some guy posted up his dyno sheet after doing it and there were all these weird dips in it. Maybe he had something else going on, but that had to play a part.

I'm sure the T-header guys have things pretty well figured out. If it were meant to be closed/bent like that and if it was that simple to gain hp/tq, it would come that way from the manufacturer.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:19 AM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What gaskets are you running? It was clear on my Bassani that they needed tapered, but with the Thunderheader it looks like it could use either so I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for the tab info too.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:01 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Run the stock OEM gaskets, cheaper and better fit.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:14 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
Don't do any. No point in buying a $600 pipe and hammering a screwdriver into the back of it. With certain gains, there are losses. I remember some guy posted up his dyno sheet after doing it and there were all these weird dips in it. Maybe he had something else going on, but that had to play a part.

I'm sure the T-header guys have things pretty well figured out. If it were meant to be closed/bent like that and if it was that simple to gain hp/tq, it would come that way from the manufacturer.
I agree with this too. My brother just had a baffle come loose on his thunder header and they honored the warranty even after almost 2 years of owning it but they did a thorough inspection to make sure he hadn't been messing with the baffles. Hopefully you won't have issues with that, but if you do you may have a shot at getting it replaced if you leave it alone. If your going to to anything, I'd take the rear support bracket and finish welding it like it should be in the first place. And replace the rear bolts with button heads so they don't hit your swing arm. And yea use the stock style gaskets and be sure to re torque after a couple hundred miles! Enjoy your new pipe man!

Old 05-31-2014, 01:46 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 831 Likes on 376 Posts

I tried all the t header tricks. Bent 2 baffles, bent all 4, removed the diffuser (worst idea ever) my bike had a noticeable tq dip down low from 1500-2100rpm. So I kept trying those things. None worked and removing the tip KILLED power everywhere. Yeah there's a lot to be desired with the pipes fit/finish and performance but whatever. Overall its a good piece. I don't know why they don't read boards like these and see the mods guys are doing like twisting and shortening and up sweeping them and put those ideas into production. They could sell a helluva lot more $600 pipes if they did.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's