Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 12:35 AM
Dishsoap
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
There should be kits available for the narrow-glide front end with the eyebrow. On the Ness site I found these:

http://shop.arlenness.com/p-4322-fai...3-up-fxxl.aspx

http://shop.arlenness.com/p-4321-ori...t-for-h-d.aspx

They both claim to be complete kits with mounting hardware, but recommend the use of this headlight bracket:

http://shop.arlenness.com/p-894-head...et-custom.aspx

I would recommend you reach out to them directly to find out what fits, what doesn't and what you need since I've heard a lot of different things about mounting the older style Ness fairings and the use of aftermarket mounts and brackets. I personally have a mid-glide front end so when I had the Ness I was able to buy the mid-glide bolt-on kit and it had everything I needed, but I honestly wasn't happy with the bulbous look of it, and the overall quality, so I have since switched to a Memphis Shades kit. I only bring that up because the mid-glide kit is different than what you need so my experience isn't going to be the same as yours.
Awesome. Thanks for the advise. I would love to go with memphis shades however they do not make a 1/4 Fairing that fits an 03. I called and talked to them and they confirmed no fit for 03.

I am really leaning towards the HD one as I hear they are a direct bolt on. Price and time is crazy though.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:58 AM
kennyflhr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dishsoap
Awesome. Thanks for the advise. I would love to go with memphis shades however they do not make a 1/4 Fairing that fits an 03. I called and talked to them and they confirmed no fit for 03.

I am really leaning towards the HD one as I hear they are a direct bolt on. Price and time is crazy though.
If your bike has 39 mm tubes the Gaunlet Faiaring for the sportster will work. I've got one I run on my 93 FXR & my 98 Dyna Lowrider.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Gears of Joy
Advanced

Love this thread! Love the bikes! Squid's is my favorite but just by a hair (I also might be bias because he's fairly local to me, we both split on the 5 FWY, and he gave me some good advise regarding my plate/turn sig relo).

I'm fairly new to the forum and I've already learned so much. Earlier in this thread there was some conversation about popping and tuners. I'm looking for some tuner advise for my 2014 FXDB. I recently installed a bassani 2:1 (Part # 1D18RB) and a Ness S2 big sucker. I already had the HD Stage 1 download but I knew going into this I would need to have a new tuner installed. My question is: Which one do you recommend?

I'd like to have the flexibility for further modification. I'm not what I would consider "well versed" in this process nor am I very mechanically inclined so if someone with some experience could "dumb it down" for me I'd greatly appreciate it. Based on what I read earlier the PCV sounds like a great option. I'm getting a lot of popping currently (which I expected). If you could also help me out with understanding how much your suggestion will set me back that would be cool..

Last thing.. With the install of the tuner it obviously needs to be tuned. Earlier in this thread someone (I think squid) was talking about sharing maps. If someone shared their map with me (and it ran well) would that eliminate the need to have it professionally tuned (dyno cost, etc..)

Long post.. Sorry

Old 05-25-2014, 08:18 PM
justintyme73
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pcv is probably the most popular and we'll supported tuner currently. If you buy it from fuel motorcycle they will ship it with a map for your set up installed and they will support you with free maps for any future upgrades

Old 05-25-2014, 08:20 PM
justintyme73
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was supposed to say fuelmoto.com, stupid auto correct

Old 05-25-2014, 08:24 PM
Gears of Joy
Advanced

Originally Posted by justintyme73
Pcv is probably the most popular and we'll supported tuner currently. If you buy it from fuel motorcycle they will ship it with a map for your set up installed and they will support you with free maps for any future upgrades
This is incredibly helpful! Thank you!

Old 05-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to reach out to my thread brothers before making a new one...

So I'm eager to change my exhaust and I'm making the order sooner than originally planned, but now that I've put my longer shocks on it seems to be limiting my choices. I do NOT want another short style pipe and most full length pipes look like they'll run right into my lower shock mounts. Thunderheader looks like it'll work, but I wasn't keen on them after reading a lot of bad things in this thread and others. So, to others with a minimum of 13.5 inch shocks, whatcha running for exhaust and did it fit out of the box? Whatever you're running, are you happy with it?

Old 05-25-2014, 09:30 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

You can run anything. Just use a spacer on the exhaust bracket (some sort of nut, washer or what have you). I've got my T-header propped out like 1/8 inch with just one washer on the rear and it clears with my 13.5 shocks. It's not the shocks, it's the swingarm.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:29 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emerican19
You can run anything. Just use a spacer on the exhaust bracket (some sort of nut, washer or what have you). I've got my T-header propped out like 1/8 inch with just one washer on the rear and it clears with my 13.5 shocks. It's not the shocks, it's the swingarm.
Right on, appreciate the info. I just look at my pipe and if it were a few inches longer it wouldn't fit and would take a couple of inches of offset to make it work without hitting my shocks directly. My pipe does have a pretty serious upsweep and a fat muffler, though.

Something tells me I'm going to end up going Thunderheader in the end...

Old 05-26-2014, 08:44 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gears of Joy
Love this thread! Love the bikes! Squid's is my favorite but just by a hair (I also might be bias because he's fairly local to me, we both split on the 5 FWY, and he gave me some good advise regarding my plate/turn sig relo).

I'm fairly new to the forum and I've already learned so much. Earlier in this thread there was some conversation about popping and tuners. I'm looking for some tuner advise for my 2014 FXDB. I recently installed a bassani 2:1 (Part # 1D18RB) and a Ness S2 big sucker. I already had the HD Stage 1 download but I knew going into this I would need to have a new tuner installed. My question is: Which one do you recommend?

I'd like to have the flexibility for further modification. I'm not what I would consider "well versed" in this process nor am I very mechanically inclined so if someone with some experience could "dumb it down" for me I'd greatly appreciate it. Based on what I read earlier the PCV sounds like a great option. I'm getting a lot of popping currently (which I expected). If you could also help me out with understanding how much your suggestion will set me back that would be cool..

Last thing.. With the install of the tuner it obviously needs to be tuned. Earlier in this thread someone (I think squid) was talking about sharing maps. If someone shared their map with me (and it ran well) would that eliminate the need to have it professionally tuned (dyno cost, etc..)

Long post.. Sorry
Thanks man. I wouldn't waste money on a dyno for just a stage 1. Save that money for later down the road if you do cams or other engine mods.

I use a Power Vision. It's really well supported by Dynojet, but from what I've read in the Power Vision thread, fuelmoto provides excellent support for it including custom maps.

If you decide on the PV, I'll be happy to share my maps with you, but it has an auto tune feature so you really only need a good base map to start from. Then you just let Auto Tune dial in the map.

http://www.dynojet.com/PowerVision/

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's