Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 10:42 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 831 Likes on 376 Posts

Wasn't gonna put my Sportster here because it's off topic.. but I just saw a softail.... sooo here goes. Fairing... check , Thunderheader.... check , Black mags..... check, Tall risers.... check, Fast as a mf'er...... check lol.

Name:  IMG_20140402_190551_zps740c5415.jpg
Views: 1560
Size:  86.7 KB
Name:  IMG_20140402_190708_zps6bcb311a.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  86.3 KB
Name:  IMG_20140407_145748_zpsca04ecdd.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  121.9 KB

Old 04-14-2014, 03:34 PM
WhiskeyHarley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My cross-country machine with 15" Rabbit Ear Style Z-bars I made and powdercoated

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-0412141507a.jpg Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-0412141506c.jpgThug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-0412141507c.jpg

Old 04-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Euclid
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDago23
You gonna be selling your other exhaust? If so I am in East County and would be highly interested.
Good looking bike! More pics?

Old 04-14-2014, 07:54 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by speedkills66
Just ordered this StreetBob license plate/rear turn signal relocation kit today from Great Bike Gear.
SO I got the kit from Great Bike Gear way sooner than expected, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it came with everything - even the HD chrome stand-off for the left side signal and a license plate frame!
Install was easy and straightforward.
I was disappointed to see the way they implemented the license plate light.
They chose to use the stock light and stuck it on a tab at the bottom of the plate mount.
Pretty ugly that way if you ask me. They don't do it that way on the wide glide version so I was a little surprised. The wide glide model has the same tab at the top and the light is tucked up under the fender.
It looked to me like they could have done the same thing, I'm not sure why they didn't.
Anyway - I decided to use my dremel and remove the license light tab altogether and I used two license plate bolt LEDs instead and I'm very pleased with the result, even though I had to spend an additional $19.99

The bolt/lights I used were like these but stainless:
http://www.cyclegear.com/motorcycle/...ate-Bolt-Light

Check it out:

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_2845.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_2852.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_2853.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-photo-3a.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-photo-2.jpg  

Old 04-14-2014, 08:09 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

I like it. It's done well.

Here's my home-made version.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-image.jpg  

Last edited by SLV; 04-14-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:14 PM
fordaith
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
Finally got my shocks on Thursday, but I've been so busy with all the moving crap I didn't get to put them on until today. Mounted up without issue even though I was doing the ol' tripod trick with a normal car jack and I was off... Road about 100 miles on them so far and all I can say is wow. Haven't even dialed the sag yet and I'm already in love. It just feels like a different bike, almost like it was designed from the beginning to run 13.5" shocks. If you haven't done your shocks and are still running the stock crap, change them. I don't care what else you have lined up, change them NOW.

Grabbed some crappy pics at the end of the run but I plan to take some good ones after I get her washed (the bug guts are from the ride from TX to VA 2.5 weeks ago, not today... I'm super lazy about washing the bike).

Nice pics. That York Beach?

Old 04-14-2014, 08:18 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by livefreeordie85
Will let you guys know on the cartridges, got a good deal from Dan at Traxxion Dynamics. It was the first set they put into a fxdc fork so they hooked it up for the r&d benefits. Also what's the secret to posting pictures in all their glory instead of just leaving a link.
Set up free photobucket account or some other photo hosting service, then click the little picture icon in the toolbar of the reply box and past the link for the picture there.

Originally Posted by Irish883
Finally got my shocks on Thursday, but I've been so busy with all the moving crap I didn't get to put them on until today. Mounted up without issue even though I was doing the ol' tripod trick with a normal car jack and I was off... Road about 100 miles on them so far and all I can say is wow. Haven't even dialed the sag yet and I'm already in love. It just feels like a different bike, almost like it was designed from the beginning to run 13.5" shocks. If you haven't done your shocks and are still running the stock crap, change them. I don't care what else you have lined up, change them NOW.

Grabbed some crappy pics at the end of the run but I plan to take some good ones after I get her washed (the bug guts are from the ride from TX to VA 2.5 weeks ago, not today... I'm super lazy about washing the bike).
Doesn't look crappy to me...I like them!

Originally Posted by speedkills66
SO I got the kit from Great Bike Gear way sooner than expected, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it came with everything - even the HD chrome stand-off for the left side signal and a license plate frame!
Install was easy and straightforward.
I was disappointed to see the way they implemented the license plate light.
They chose to use the stock light and stuck it on a tab at the bottom of the plate mount.
Pretty ugly that way if you ask me. They don't do it that way on the wide glide version so I was a little surprised. The wide glide model has the same tab at the top and the light is tucked up under the fender.
It looked to me like they could have done the same thing, I'm not sure why they didn't.
Anyway - I decided to use my dremel and remove the license light tab altogether and I used two license plate bolt LEDs instead and I'm very pleased with the result, even though I had to spend an additional $19.99

The bolt/lights I used were like these but stainless:
http://www.cyclegear.com/motorcycle/...ate-Bolt-Light

Check it out:
Damn that thing looks sooooo much better than my homemade mess. I may have to move on that sooner than I thought.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:18 PM
CStarner
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is mine after winter, want to change the bars on it, going to do white walls also.

Suggestions on different apes would be helpful. Thanks

Name:  New_pipes_and_AirCleaner_zpse1a8ce22.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  115.7 KB

Old 04-15-2014, 02:45 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 831 Likes on 376 Posts

Not trying to be a dick but if ya look back over oh, about 468 pages you're gonna notice that approx 99.4% of the bikes posted look completely different than yours. In fact the title somewhat suggests the style of bikes depicted. You're juuuust a bit outside of the subject matter. Probably wont get much suggestions for white walls or apes round' these parts. Ya know?

Old 04-15-2014, 03:09 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CStarner
Here is mine after winter, want to change the bars on it, going to do white walls also.

Suggestions on different apes would be helpful. Thanks

look up the ape hanger thread and the "bob" thread. sh*tface has a point you prob wont get the answers your looking for here...

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's