Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 10:33 AM
murrayliving
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmm....maybe. I have till next winter to decide.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:00 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 839 Likes on 378 Posts

Mixing "bobber" and anything else is a bad idea, especially a club styled bike. Like others said, some RaceTech internals will be way more than most will ever outgrow. Hell, stock DX internals with good fluid is more than enough for 80+% of us.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:14 AM
murrayliving
Cruiser

Well that's disappointing because the image I have in my head looks bad a$$ pardon the French. I'll have too see how it goes

Old 03-31-2014, 11:50 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

There's nothing wrong with putting the best possible hardware on your bike. You have two risks.
1. It will look "different" with certain styles of bikes. (I won't say ugly because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like trick hardware myself.)
2. You might spend more than your typical ride can justify.

Who cares though. If you can afford a nice upside down fork setup, I say go for it.

To take advantage, as much as possible anyway, add a Sputhe or True-Teack, and some badass 13+" shocks. Then shave some weight wherever you can.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:18 PM
murrayliving
Cruiser

Hmm well to make sure people understand I don't want to hardtail the bike like a bobber I just want those bobber size tires

Old 03-31-2014, 01:42 PM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
There's nothing wrong with putting the best possible hardware on your bike. You have two risks.
1. It will look "different" with certain styles of bikes. (I won't say ugly because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like trick hardware myself.)
2. You might spend more than your typical ride can justify.

Who cares though. If you can afford a nice upside down fork setup, I say go for it.

To take advantage, as much as possible anyway, add a Sputhe or True-Teack, and some badass 13+" shocks. Then shave some weight wherever you can.
Agreed, your bike do what you want........... a inverted front end on some 16/17 inch sport bike wheels like buells or something would be clean

Old 03-31-2014, 07:50 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
06 done up:
Very nicely done. I dig it. Takes me back to the day.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:25 PM
hutch08
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by murrayliving
Hey not a problem my friend if you got the cash that is. I'm doing inverted forks anyways...but do you think that bobber look woukd work with it?
Yah man, I'm in the market for another set of FXDX shocks as long as there in good shape with no leaks. As for the front end, I know of a few guys looking for the DX suspension. Just keep me posted of you decide on selling.

And like others have said, good handling and "bobber" doesn't really go together. Especially if you're looking at running inverted forks.

I think a beefy tire will look good though, and still handle ok if thats the look you like.

Jspace024 has a cool looking bike that kind of blending different styles well, he's running air shocks so he gets that cool lowered look when parked. Then pumps them up to give him ground clearance.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:34 AM
murrayliving
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hutch08
Yah man, I'm in the market for another set of FXDX shocks as long as there in good shape with no leaks. As for the front end, I know of a few guys looking for the DX suspension. Just keep me posted of you decide on selling.

And like others have said, good handling and "bobber" doesn't really go together. Especially if you're looking at running inverted forks.

I think a beefy tire will look good though, and still handle ok if thats the look you like. Check

Jspace024 has a cool looking bike that kind of blending different styles well, he's running air shocks so he gets that cool lowered look when parked. Then pumps them up to give him ground clearance.

Well I mean I have to buy the inverted before I can sell off the whole thing and nothing wrong with my forks they are like brand new.

Also does beefy tires really kill the handling? From my understanding those new 48 have better supension then the older dyna including the have those vrod springs?

Old 04-01-2014, 07:21 AM
rayny1014
Road Captain
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Fat bob t sport project

For those that don't think a fat bob can look good club style , here is a teaser pic. Just finished putting together late last night . 08 fat bob , t sport project. 2010 and up wide glide rear fender and sissy bar. T sport replica bags , t sport replica fairing . Fairing and bags from conely's . More pics to come .
Name:  photo_zpsa2a3495c.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  146.3 KB

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's