Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 07:22 PM
jdub099
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Don't forget that you need clamps too, but it sounds like you may already have them.
Yes I do, I have a Memphis Shades shield presently but I do not like the buffeting. I want something that will keep the wind off my chest but leave my beard alone!

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2014, 07:28 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ScudRunner
I hear you. I don't think I'm going to go with MX bars (with my 12" Z bars, the bike is still nimbler than I am), but I'm also stoked about/for the suspension upgrades. I put JRIs on the back and added a Tru-Track; first ride out all I could think was how much more noticeable the issues with the front were. So glad I found the Traxxion/Intiminator thread. I have all those parts now, and can't wait to put them on.
That front suspension upgrade is gonna blow your mind. It's putting my driving record in jeopardy. The bike no longer has a natural governor by getting pissed off at high speeds. Almost makes you forget your riding an overweight pig lol

Old 02-19-2014, 07:31 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub099
Yes I do, I have a Memphis Shades shield presently but I do not like the buffeting. I want something that will keep the wind off my chest but leave my beard alone!

Thanks!
I saw your other thread after I replied here.

I get wind over the top of my Gauntlet, but it hits the upper helmet area.

I'm thinking the difference between an aerodynamic fairing and a relatively upright/almost flat windshield would be substantially different.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:46 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
I saw your other thread after I replied here.

I get wind over the top of my Gauntlet, but it hits the upper helmet area.

I'm thinking the difference between an aerodynamic fairing and a relatively upright/almost flat windshield would be substantially different.
That's what I noticed in my wee little jaunt from my place to my kids' mom's place the other day. I also noticed some vibration noise I need to chase down (probably a bolt that the beers made me forget about) once it's warm again. Very excited to get out and rally with it... still need to swap my apes for my t-bars (they're really a window bar since I've got the integrated clamps on my 2012).

Old 02-19-2014, 09:09 PM
firedawg92
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me '05 Super Glide

These bikes are right up my alley, love scrolling thru all 400+ pages. Now I have a question. I pick up my "new to me" '05 Super Glide tomorrow and am wanting to add some Santee 1.25" straight up t-bars, but not sure if I should go with 10" or 12", I'm 5'10" and about 220lb. Also, looking at getting the Burly 12" Ape Hanger cable kit, right choice or is there a better all inclusive kit to go with? Thanks for the help and I look forward to posting my ride amongst the rest of these beauties. (no this is not my first motorcycle or first harley)

Old 02-19-2014, 09:50 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
That front suspension upgrade is gonna blow your mind. It's putting my driving record in jeopardy. The bike no longer has a natural governor by getting pissed off at high speeds. Almost makes you forget your riding an overweight pig lol
I know exactly what you mean. My court date just got moved to April. I'm hoping it doesn't get moved any further right or I won't be able to show up in uniform and pretend to be an upstanding citizen.

Originally Posted by b2inUT
That's what I noticed in my wee little jaunt from my place to my kids' mom's place the other day. I also noticed some vibration noise I need to chase down (probably a bolt that the beers made me forget about) once it's warm again. Very excited to get out and rally with it... still need to swap my apes for my t-bars (they're really a window bar since I've got the integrated clamps on my 2012).
Wait...there's beer in Utah? I guess I'll visit my cousin in St. George after all.

Originally Posted by firedawg92
These bikes are right up my alley, love scrolling thru all 400+ pages. Now I have a question. I pick up my "new to me" '05 Super Glide tomorrow and am wanting to add some Santee 1.25" straight up t-bars, but not sure if I should go with 10" or 12", I'm 5'10" and about 220lb. Also, looking at getting the Burly 12" Ape Hanger cable kit, right choice or is there a better all inclusive kit to go with? Thanks for the help and I look forward to posting my ride amongst the rest of these beauties. (no this is not my first motorcycle or first harley)
I don't know what cables you need since Street Bobs' stock cable are long enough for even a 14" set of bars, but if you're not in a huge hurry, like a couple more weeks, I'll have a set of 10" Santee Straight Ups for sale in the classifieds. My custom 11 inchers are supposed to be ready this Friday (again).

Old 02-19-2014, 10:29 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Wait...there's beer in Utah? I guess I'll visit my cousin in St. George after all.
You might be surprised, Squid! But I think the people in St. Geezy go to Mesquite to fuel up at Lee's Discount Liquor. However, we've got some amazing breweries in SLC (Epic, Squatters, etc) and Park City (Wasatch, etc.) and a great distilleries in Park City (High West, awesome whiskeys) and Ogden (Odgen's Own, makers of Five Wives Vodka). The names are the best; Polygamy Porter, St. Provo Girl, the previously mentioned Five Wives Vodka (that's on par with Grey Goose)...

but I digress....

Oh, great riding, too... and then the snow... now I'm digressing again...

Old 02-19-2014, 11:01 PM
XjldX
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... still need to swap my apes for my t-bars (they're really a window bar since I've got the integrated clamps on my 2012).
Are you thinking about the Bung King Gusseted Tbars for FXDB? If so, I can say for certain you will be glad you did! I have them and I love them. They were my fifth bar configuration on my current bike and they will definitely be my last bar setup. I am so happy with them - built like a tank, great fit and finish, and the ride is so much better.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:17 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by XjldX
Are you thinking about the Bung King Gusseted Tbars for FXDB? If so, I can say for certain you will be glad you did! I have them and I love them. They were my fifth bar configuration on my current bike and they will definitely be my last bar setup. I am so happy with them - built like a tank, great fit and finish, and the ride is so much better.
They're very similar, almost the same specs... but not Bung King. They're sitting in my recliner right now, wondering if they'll get installed this weekend... which, depending on how much snowboarding I do, they may just end up on the bike...

I'll post pics once they're installed.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:12 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You might be surprised, Squid! But I think the people in St. Geezy go to Mesquite to fuel up at Lee's Discount Liquor. However, we've got some amazing breweries in SLC (Epic, Squatters, etc) and Park City (Wasatch, etc.) and a great distilleries in Park City (High West, awesome whiskeys) and Ogden (Odgen's Own, makers of Five Wives Vodka). The names are the best; Polygamy Porter, St. Provo Girl, the previously mentioned Five Wives Vodka (that's on par with Grey Goose)...

but I digress....

Oh, great riding, too... and then the snow... now I'm digressing again...

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's