Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:12 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
Considering this style started as an evolution of Frisco style choppers, generally speaking the following must be true:

Modifications are grounded in function
Performance has not been put aside for appearance
High, narrow bars for comfort and ease of lane splitting (no "law" that says they must be tbars)
Mid controls, or forward controls with mid pegs, for handling

The bikes were built to be skinny, lean, fast, handle shitty city streets, but still have the chops to roll long runs on the highway. I think the 1/4 fairing has become a staple, but the rest is really a matter of interpretation in my opinion as long as the soul of the style is still achieved. Tbars, well, they are a wonderful mix of apes and drag bars, are typically very narrow for lane splitting, and just handle awesomely which is probably why you see them on this type of bike so much. They are kings of utilitarian bars and these bikes are built to be utilitarian bikes so they go hand in hand.
I like!!

Old 02-18-2014, 01:28 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

Scudrunner love the mods on your bike my fav is that gauge..how you like it? does the led part show the selections from the clicker button on left handle ?

Old 02-18-2014, 06:16 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's pic of the new pulley. Not bad for an ebay score of $106, already powdered black to match my wheels.

This new 30/70 set up rips, and the higher rpm on the freeway is helping keep my speed in check (which I really need), but a slight blip of the throttle and I make the jump to light speed in no time.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:38 PM
BFDHD14
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Here's pic of the new pulley. Not bad for an ebay score of $106, already powdered black to match my wheels.

This new 30/70 set up rips, and the higher rpm on the freeway is helping keep my speed in check (which I really need), but a slight blip of the throttle and I make the jump to light speed in no time.

what pulley is that and did you need spacers and what not?

Old 02-18-2014, 06:53 PM
ScudRunner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
Scudrunner love the mods on your bike my fav is that gauge..how you like it? does the led part show the selections from the clicker button on left handle ?
Yes, it has Trip A/B, Odometer total, Range remaining, and clock, just like the stocker. The fuel gauge and gear indicator are visible on every "page" (but you can select them off if you want).

Old 02-18-2014, 06:58 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

yepp shes a beaut

Old 02-18-2014, 07:00 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

Originally Posted by ScudRunner
Yes, it has Trip A/B, Odometer total, Range remaining, and clock, just like the stocker. The fuel gauge and gear indicator are visible on every "page" (but you can select them off if you want).
yeah looks Boss!!..led color changable aswell or no?

Old 02-18-2014, 07:45 PM
oldmisfit
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
So.... I took off my exhaust (AGAIN....), cleaned the ports as well as I could, spent an hour putting in new gaskets to make ABSOLUTELY sure they remained intact, and spent another hour putting it back together to make sure everything went on properly. .
That was my issue. Then I took the exhaust of checking everything again, put it back on ( I didn't change exhaust gaskets) and tighten everything down. Poping went away, it came back a couple weeks later, checked the exhaust flanges after loosening the mounts and sure enough. tightened it down again an have not had issues yet. Wishing the best for you.

ltr Pat

Old 02-18-2014, 07:53 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,056 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Here's pic of the new pulley.

................. Nice Squid ,,,

Old 02-18-2014, 08:00 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BFDHD14
what pulley is that and did you need spacers and what not?
EDIT: No spacers needed.

1 1/8" 70T, slotted 6 spoke pulley. Ebay, no part number, pre-2007, listed as fitting FXD. I would've paid double what I got it for. I'd been searching for one to match my wheels, but couldn't find a 70T until this popped up.

You can try searching for a p/n 40576-06, which will get you the standard 2006 FXDB 70T pulley that will fit your 2014. Otherwise, do what I did and set an ebay alert for what you're looking for. You'll get an email when something matching pops up.

Last edited by SquidHead; 02-18-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's