Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 09:34 PM
ScudRunner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have a question for the folks in here. I'm going back and forth about whether to leave the Gauntlet fairing black or have it painted Charcoal Pearl.

What say you?

Old 02-16-2014, 09:46 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ScudRunner
I do have a question for the folks in here. I'm going back and forth about whether to leave the Gauntlet fairing black or have it painted Charcoal Pearl.

What say you?
I was going to ask if you were... I think you should.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:00 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

I went back and forth, but decided that paint eliminates the appearance of a bolt-on part. It now looks like it was made for it. I don't regret it, but keep in mind, it it the first thing that rocks hit. I have small chips in my paint after only two months.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 429 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by ScudRunner
Work in progress...
What he said...
CLUB STYLE = ANYTHING BLACK + TBARS + BULLET STYLE FAIRING. no?
Not trying to be a dick, i like the look; hoping to get a Dyna someday...
I have seen so many, you can do almost anything with these Dyna - very versatile bike.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Considering this style started as an evolution of Frisco style choppers, generally speaking the following must be true:

Modifications are grounded in function
Performance has not been put aside for appearance
High, narrow bars for comfort and ease of lane splitting (no "law" that says they must be tbars)
Mid controls, or forward controls with mid pegs, for handling

The bikes were built to be skinny, lean, fast, handle shitty city streets, but still have the chops to roll long runs on the highway. I think the 1/4 fairing has become a staple, but the rest is really a matter of interpretation in my opinion as long as the soul of the style is still achieved. Tbars, well, they are a wonderful mix of apes and drag bars, are typically very narrow for lane splitting, and just handle awesomely which is probably why you see them on this type of bike so much. They are kings of utilitarian bars and these bikes are built to be utilitarian bikes so they go hand in hand.

The following users liked this post:
Sfort2 (09-01-2021)
Old 02-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 429 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
Considering this style started as an evolution of Frisco style choppers, generally speaking the following must be true:

High, narrow bars for comfort and ease of lane splitting (no "law" that says they must be tbars)

The bikes were built to be skinny, lean, fast, handle shitty city streets, but still have the chops to roll long runs on the highway. I think the 1/4 fairing has become a staple, but the rest is really a matter of interpretation in my opinion as long as the soul of the style is still achieved. Tbars, well, they are a wonderful mix of apes and drag bars, are typically very narrow for lane splitting, and just handle awesomely which is probably why you see them on this type of bike so much. They are kings of utilitarian bars and these bikes are built to be utilitarian bikes so they go hand in hand.
A very good definition.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:52 PM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice....like the breakdown Irish

Old 02-16-2014, 11:13 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

100% agree function over style. Best part about these bikes is you get one without sacrificing the other! Love my bike and also many others In this thread. Coolest part is, as great as these bikes look, they perform better they look which at some points is hard to believe. Dyna = the best Harley has to offer ( style and performance ). Who could argue?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:58 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

I tend to agree that this style of bike is function over form, but we all have to admit that we spend money on style too. Black PC comes to mind, but other stuff too.

I stopped by the local Aprilia dealer the other day because they had an Arai helmet for my wife that was 50% off. It was too good to pass up. Anyway, I was trying to describe my bike to one of the hard core road racer guys. He looked confused at first, but then said, "It sounds like you ride a sport touring bike."

I have to say, that's the best way to describe it. Look at the sport touring bikes from the other manufacturers. Smaller fairing, good suspension, functional luggage (but not huge.). We ride sport touring bikes.

It doesn't sound as cool as Club Style though!

Last edited by SLV; 02-17-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:24 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

What Irish said. Great breakdown..

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's