Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I've seen many so far, but is anyone using a Supertrapp? I've pretty much written off Thunderheader as my replacement pipe after all the negative I've read so I'm expanding my options and the Supertrapp comes up a lot.

Seems like it has good clearance and it is supposedly very performance friendly. Not a huge fan of the appearance of the muffler portion, but it isn't terrible either, especially in black. Just looking for some opinions of anyone that has one.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:25 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Irish,

I have a Supertrapp Kerker 2:1, but I suspect you are referring to the Supertrapp Supermeg 2:1... the one with all the discs and closed end cap, yes?

Old 02-14-2014, 04:26 PM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
I don't think I've seen many so far, but is anyone using a Supertrapp? I've pretty much written off Thunderheader as my replacement pipe after all the negative I've read so I'm expanding my options and the Supertrapp comes up a lot.

Seems like it has good clearance and it is supposedly very performance friendly. Not a huge fan of the appearance of the muffler portion, but it isn't terrible either, especially in black. Just looking for some opinions of anyone that has one.
What's wrong with your bassani?

Old 02-14-2014, 04:26 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Irish whats the negatives on the thunderheader? thats what I got in mind for pipes for my stage 1 ..I heard about bad welds..but whats the truth on these

Old 02-14-2014, 04:51 PM
JayOhh
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vdop
Bars and risers came in. I didn't want anything too low without enough pullback so I went with the raptor atv bend and love it. Just have to wire them and I'm going to build some taller risers. Got a ways to go before I can ride but getting anxious.

Is that the Joker Machine clamp?

PS! Looks like something is missing from you motorarea, maybe a bolt or something??

Old 02-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jmb79
Irish,

I have a Supertrapp Kerker 2:1, but I suspect you are referring to the Supertrapp Supermeg 2:1... the one with all the discs and closed end cap, yes?
Yeah, I should have been more clear, I'm referring to the Supermeg.

Originally Posted by EastBay_Solo
What's wrong with your bassani?
Nothing is inherently wrong with it, I'm just not digging the short pipe as much as I thought I would, though I do like the clearance. One of my biggest issues is that I'm having a really, really hard time getting my **** tuned in to stop the popping on decel. I've remounted the exhaust twice to ensure it's not leaking and have been through like 6 different maps and nothing is killing the popping.

I'm using the FuelMoto Microtuner so I'm not even sure I'll be able to go to a performance shop and have it dyno tuned. I'm getting beyond frustrated with the whole thing and I the sound of the popping on decel is literally screwing with my riding enjoyment now.

What I'm probably going to do is swap to a PC5 first since it is more future proof for the engine work I'm going to do eventually. If I still can't tune out the pipe then I'm scrapping it.

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
Irish whats the negatives on the thunderheader? thats what I got in mind for pipes for my stage 1 ..I heard about bad welds..but whats the truth on these
The issues I've heard from people that have been running Theaders are bad welds, questionable mounting bracket quality, finish is terrible and gets nasty quickly (on the black, not sure about chrome), and the ground clearance is terrible. I've spoken with guys that run 13.5" shocks and they still say they scrape on the right side.

I love the look and sound of Theader, but I regularly fold my right peg and I'm not trying to go to a pipe that is going to constantly scrape.

Last edited by Irish883; 02-14-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:01 PM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser

Looking good post a whole photo of the bike.
Thanks....bike is stripped down for paint for the most part. Tank and rear fender off...rear fender drying as I type. I'm having trouble figuring out how to attach more than one photo at a time..I'll attach a full photo of what it looked like before the winter tear down. Last season at times I ran a vrod bullet fairing, and other times the t-sport fairing. After stalking this thread I'll prob stick with the FXDXT fairing this season..I am beyond itching to get it all back together and get in the wind...something to look forward to...

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-image.jpg  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:04 PM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmojo11
Thanks....bike is stripped down for paint for the most part. Tank and rear fender off...rear fender drying as I type. I'm having trouble figuring out how to attach more than one photo at a time..I'll attach a full photo of what it looked like before the winter tear down. Last season at times I ran a vrod bullet fairing, and other times the t-sport fairing. After stalking this thread I'll prob stick with the FXDXT fairing this season..I am beyond itching to get it all back together and get in the wind...something to look forward to...
Coo . You can use photo bucket to add several photos.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:08 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
The issues I've heard from people that have been running Theaders are bad welds, questionable mounting bracket quality, finish is terrible and gets nasty quickly (on the black, not sure about chrome), and the ground clearance is terrible. I've spoken with guys that run 13.5" shocks and they still say they scrape on the right side.

I love the look and sound of Theader, but I regularly fold my right peg and I'm not trying to go to a pipe that is going to constantly scrape.
Thanks Irish..can anyone else relate to this thats had or has thunderheaders?
I really love the sound and looks aswell..scraping would suck..

Old 02-14-2014, 05:20 PM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser

Coo . You can use photo bucket to add several photos.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot....

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's