Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:16 PM
ercle69
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

acetone will clean the sticky residue off really good!

Old 02-13-2014, 09:16 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
Yeah, all it takes is some high strength fishing line, at least for the forks. The ones on the fender can be more of a pain... I still have goop I can't get off on the left side of my rear fender.

If you want to go really crazy, remove your frame stickers too .
Go to napa and buy a rubber wheel for your drill. Takes all that sticky crap off and doesn't hurt the paint

Old 02-13-2014, 09:27 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ercle69
acetone will clean the sticky residue off really good!
I bought some residue remover and it worked really well on the right side of the fender, as well as on my tank when I tore off the badges. I couldn't tell you why if I tried since it is the same glue crap on the left side of the fender, but no matter how hard I scrubbed or how much I used, I just couldn't get it all off on that side.

Originally Posted by monster715
Go to napa and buy a rubber wheel for your drill. Takes all that sticky crap off and doesn't hurt the paint
This I have not tried, think I might do that this coming weekend.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:32 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You can try 3m adhesive and wax remover too. Just be sure to wax the paint after. I'd wax it after using any chemical on the paint anyway

Old 02-14-2014, 01:37 AM
Irish883
Road Captain

That's what I have actually. In the end it really doesn't matter much since I'm going to swap the "bobbed" fender for a full fender anyway. Since that is 100% cosmetic it is going to be one of the last things I do, but it shouldn't be 'that' long, especially if I can find a good deal on one that is already black and has the rear tail light and wiring.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:38 AM
jdub099
Road Captain

I hit everything with a blow dryer and used a plastic scraper (I think the intended use is to clean pots and pans, my mom gave it to me) to pop the emblems/reflectors off. Most of the glue went with it. What was left was taken off with Goo Gone (takes like one wipe with a rag) and finally cleaned up with real Windex (not generic brand). This left the Denim paint in perfect condition, should work on gloss too.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:08 PM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser

Winter mods progressing, fresh paint going down, rear fender will be finished today...(operation storm trooper) from metallic black to white with black accents...true track on, rear wheel on way to powder, new floating rotor for rear to match the duals up front...OEM tracker bars cut down to 29 width on 10 inch risers next in line...not sure on quality of this pic thanks to all for the inspiration, the rides on this thread keep the snow off my back...monster, that's a great angle on your sig pick....love the contrast on the primary

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-image.jpg  
Old 02-14-2014, 12:44 PM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master

Originally Posted by wolfmojo11
Winter mods progressing, fresh paint going down, rear fender will be finished today...(operation storm trooper) from metallic black to white with black accents...true track on, rear wheel on way to powder, new floating rotor for rear to match the duals up front...OEM tracker bars cut down to 29 width on 10 inch risers next in line...not sure on quality of this pic thanks to all for the inspiration, the rides on this thread keep the snow off my back...monster, that's a great angle on your sig pick....love the contrast on the primary
Looking good post a whole photo of the bike.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by EastBay_Solo
Looking good post a whole photo of the bike.
+1
Thats gonna look sick!!

Old 02-14-2014, 03:20 PM
XjldX
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmojo11
That is, by far, the best looking fairing paint job I've ever seen. Nice work, it's going to look awesome. Keep us posted!

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's