Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 06:16 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys im gonna put a order in for my west coast t-bars..for the street bob mine is a 2014 with the 10" factory apes..can i get away with 12" without cable extensions..? can anyone tell me if what the 10" or 12" measures from tripple to the actual top of the bar?

Old 02-10-2014, 06:22 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
Hey guys im gonna put a order in for my west coast t-bars..for the street bob mine is a 2014 with the 10" factory apes..can i get away with 12" without cable extensions..? can anyone tell me if what the 10" or 12" measures from tripple to the actual top of the bar?
I don't know the dimensions you need, but your cables and wires have plenty of slack. Some guys routinely put 14" apes without the need to change anything.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:31 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vdop
Hell yeah. It's winter, my bike's apart and I'm having withdrawals. This thread is in need of some more badass dynas lately. I don't care if we have to repost the same ones show me something!
You asked for it...

Same bike, different pics with a little extra green. I added some small things. New flush mount fuel cap and gauge, which are going to come off and get sent to Joe Knapp with my ignition for a more permanent blackening. I have them rattle-canned with texture black right now. The battery boxes are going in for a paint match too soon. I hate having to go more than a few days without a ride, so taking it down for a couple weeks for more paint and powder is gonna suck, but the end result will be worth it. I'll have to ride the train to work for a while. And those new MX Tbars still aren't ready (argh), but also coming soon. I'm still undecided on those heat shields though.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:49 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

Originally Posted by SLV
I don't know the dimensions you need, but your cables and wires have plenty of slack. Some guys routinely put 14" apes without the need to change anything.
thanks man..i just gotta decide between 10 or 12 now..i take it the 10" is really about 11" tall ? squid bike lookin good..

Old 02-10-2014, 06:56 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SquidHead
You asked for it...

Same bike, different pics with a little extra green. I added some small things. New flush mount fuel cap and gauge, which are going to come off and get sent to Joe Knapp with my ignition for a more permanent blackening. I have them rattle-canned with texture black right now. The battery boxes are going in for a paint match too soon. I hate having to go more than a few days without a ride, so taking it down for a couple weeks for more paint and powder is gonna suck, but the end result will be worth it. I'll have to ride the train to work for a while. And those new MX Tbars still aren't ready (argh), but also coming soon. I'm still undecided on those heat shields though.
Digging those flush mounts and green plug wires.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:06 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

do you need to buy those bushings and bolts when you order west coast t-bars?

Old 02-10-2014, 07:06 PM
BFDHD14
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Squid what flush mount caps are those? And is that your power vision tucked up there behind the bars? whole setup is lookin good man

Old 02-10-2014, 08:01 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Badass is not for me to decide, but I do have some changes since the last pics I posted in this thread.

13" Ohlins shocks
Traxxion/Ricor fork mods with SM adjusters
Viking bags on Cycle Visions Barebacks
Home made ultra-bright LED tail light (Using X-Arc lights)
New Commander II rubber (love these tires.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/x6etsn0s4f5s5jj/hWvGcZOxKP

Since these pics, I've already added better support frames to keep the bags more vertical and avoid any contact.
They're all badass for the most part in this thread imo. I'm really jealous of the ohlins, I've really been trying to justify a set for this season. Which ones are they and how do you like them? I like what you've done with the bike since it had the apes.

Originally Posted by 07bobber
here's a pic I took yesterday after a fresh oil change and new battery....

How do you like the c&c fastback? Been thinking about one of them also, my badlander is beat. I like the looks of the fastback but have a hard time spending over $300 with no idea how it feels. Is the pan plastic like Harley seats or heavy steel like lepera?

You asked for it...

Never thought I'd say this, but I think I like the chrome in this case, and I don't know why.

I wanted to send a few things to Joe this winter also, we'll see if time allows. My pro tapers and risers should be here this week, mocking those up should help my anxiety.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:02 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You asked for it...

I wish my key was on the dash! Damn key fob is scuffing up my frame! Bike looks good squid! Looking forward to seeing it with painted battery boxes

Old 02-10-2014, 08:21 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by vdop
They're all badass for the most part in this thread imo. I'm really jealous of the ohlins, I've really been trying to justify a set for this season. Which ones are they and how do you like them? I like what you've done with the bike since it had the apes.
Thank you. The Ohlins are the HD909 originally made for the Road King. They bolt right up to the Dyna with the supplied spacers and bushings. I don't think they offer them anymore. I bought them used from Squidhead, but they are in like-new condition.

The ride is incredible. With the Traxxion/Ricor upgrade, my bike handles like a sport touring bike.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's