Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 05:15 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
The real question is, what are you going to do in a few months when those pipes are scorched black all the way down to the collector? Full shields? Wrap? New pipes....
Actually, yes, I'm planning on a new pipe as a retirement gift to myself, but that's not until this summer.

I have the OEM full heat shields, but don't like how they fit, so I've been playing around with these ebay specials.

Originally Posted by misfitJason
chrome shields....the other set looks like crap

you asked for opinions
Indeed I did...fire away. You won't hurt my feelings, like I said I could go either way with these.

The guy I got them from also has brass and copper, but I don't think that would look right on anything but a hard tail chopper.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:20 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
I'm trying to de-chrome myself mind you, but with the chrome pipe I think I would go with the chrome shields. Looks a little mix/matchy with the black.

Either way, when you lane-split like you do what can it matter, the only thing people see is the Green Hornet zipping by
I had the same thought (about the mix/match not the zipping). The black looks a little like leather wraps on there.

Originally Posted by monster715
I like both, I think the chrome shields bring out the bronze more tho. Are you going to paint your battery cover green? Just asking because that might change the look of it. The black shield might pop more if your black cover was green. Hard to go wrong either way your scoot is pretty sick
Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, I intend to paint the covers to match, but I don't want to go without them for the 2-3 weeks it will take, so I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap, used set I can throw on while I wait. Until then, they'll be black.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:35 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I'm on the fence about these heat shields. What do you guys think? Chrome or black?
If you can change your tank lettering to black, then black shields.

White lettering - chrome shields.

Don't know why but that's my take. Maybe someone can photo shop it.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed some new poly bushings yesterday. Not only are my bars not crooked anymore, they simply don't move at all. I can't believe I waited this long to do something so simple that has such a profound effect on the handling feel of the bike. When I took the stock bushings out it was easy to see why my bars were crooked as well; the right one was way, way softer than the left. I had to pop the left side's spacer out with a hammer and screwdriver, but the right side almost fell out with a breath. Garbage...

For anyone that is still using the piece of **** rubber riser bushings... replace them. The job takes like 10 minutes and the sense of solidity with better bushings is amazing.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:44 PM
ScudRunner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
Installed some new poly bushings yesterday. Not only are my bars not crooked anymore, they simply don't move at all. I can't believe I waited this long to do something so simple that has such a profound effect on the handling feel of the bike. When I took the stock bushings out it was easy to see why my bars were crooked as well; the right one was way, way softer than the left. I had to pop the left side's spacer out with a hammer and screwdriver, but the right side almost fell out with a breath. Garbage...

For anyone that is still using the piece of **** rubber riser bushings... replace them. The job takes like 10 minutes and the sense of solidity with better bushings is amazing.
Where'd you get the bushings?

Old 02-10-2014, 03:46 PM
ScudRunner
Cruiser

DAMMIT!!! Was supposed to get the parts I needed to fix the damage I did last weekend, but they were signature required and nobody was home. One of these days I'll be able to post up a pic of my baby in here.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:34 PM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master

Originally Posted by ScudRunner
DAMMIT!!! Was supposed to get the parts I needed to fix the damage I did last weekend, but they were signature required and nobody was home. One of these days I'll be able to post up a pic of my baby in here.

just saying lol

Old 02-10-2014, 04:44 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by EastBay_Solo

just saying lol
Hell yeah. It's winter, my bike's apart and I'm having withdrawals. This thread is in need of some more badass dynas lately. I don't care if we have to repost the same ones show me something!

Old 02-10-2014, 05:41 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Badass is not for me to decide, but I do have some changes since the last pics I posted in this thread.

13" Ohlins shocks
Traxxion/Ricor fork mods with SM adjusters
Viking bags on Cycle Visions Barebacks
Home made ultra-bright LED tail light (Using X-Arc lights)
New Commander II rubber (love these tires.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/x6etsn0s4f5s5jj/hWvGcZOxKP

Since these pics, I've already added better support frames to keep the bags more vertical and avoid any contact.

Last edited by SLV; 02-10-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:46 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

here's a pic I took yesterday after a fresh oil change and new battery....

Name:  bf4dc998-03c9-456b-ac67-036e575b66b3_zps589d2cff.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  169.8 KB

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's