Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Windex
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Really nice list of mods in your sig, man (bike looks good too).
Did you do the work yourself or did you find an Indy who didn't ask questions? A lot of guys down in my area are having trouble finding anyone to do any upgrades to the 2014s that aren't bone stock.

Are you keeping the stock side plate, or working on a mod for it?

TIP: If you hit the inside of the upper plexiglass lens on your fairing with some rattle-can flat/satin black, it will look just like the vivid black paint on the rest of the fairing.

Thanks for the kind words. I did what I could, its my first bike so I let a local engine builder do most of it when he did my cams. I did the fairing, shocks, riser bushings, headlight, mirrors (now I dont run any for a cleaner look), derby cover, and horn cover.

What are the people in your area being told by the shops?

As for the rattle can on the fairing, I appreciate it and may do it on my spare but funny enough, I use that window. On long straight roads I will use the throttle screw and laydown on my rear fender for a bit when my back hurts and I can see perfectly between my risers out the screen haha.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:54 PM
GWD1983
Advanced

Lol .. thug style ..

Old 02-05-2014, 02:03 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Indeed a great looking bike Windex. Your setup is nice. Check out the Traxxion/Ricor thread to finalize the front end and let those shocks work at their potential.

I'm one Haulen *** Backrest away from being done for the season. The bike is ready for the long haul.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...il-lights.html

Old 02-05-2014, 02:04 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Windex
Thanks for the kind words. I did what I could, its my first bike so I let a local engine builder do most of it when he did my cams. I did the fairing, shocks, riser bushings, headlight, mirrors (now I dont run any for a cleaner look), derby cover, and horn cover.

What are the people in your area being told by the shops?

As for the rattle can on the fairing, I appreciate it and may do it on my spare but funny enough, I use that window. On long straight roads I will use the throttle screw and laydown on my rear fender for a bit when my back hurts and I can see perfectly between my risers out the screen haha.
There are only 2 shops I know of (won't name them here) that will do any aftermarket exhaust, cams, dyno, or other mods that aren't on the approved "list." There's one place that will dyno, but only if the bike comes in on a trailer with no tags on it and the owner signs a statment that its only use is off-road. One shop owner said the state came in and confiscated his customer records looking for any aftermarket exhausts installed after Jan. 1st 2013 that aren't on the CARB-approved list.

I will personally never have any work done on my bike at a dealer unless it's strictly a warranty repair. Anything I do at the Indy that I trust is un-documented. Not because I have anything to hide (NSA-disclaimer), but because I don't like the big-brother type snooping.

I reminds of the early days of indoor, hydroponic cultivation when William Bennet was the "Drug Czar". The DEA seized customer records at garden shops in the Maryland/Virginia area, then searched the homes of anyone who bought an indoor grow lamp for drugs. Thankfully, it was all thrown out or overturned, but a lot of people had their lives turned upside down over that.

Anyway, off my soapbox. Enjoy the mods, looking forward to more pics.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:14 PM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master

Question homie @SquidHead sorry to hi jack here but what site are you guys using to buy your front end suspension kits?

Old 02-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Cascade
Tourer

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Did you do the work yourself or did you find an Indy who didn't ask questions? A lot of guys down in my area are having trouble finding anyone to do any upgrades to the 2014s that aren't bone stock.
Why would one ask questions? I don't get it....

Edit:
Your next post made it clear.

Last edited by Cascade; 02-05-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

EastBay, Its not a kit, kind of a do it yourself kit. The ricor intiminators are sold by ricor:
http://store.ricorshocks.com/harley_davidson_s/27.htm
And the springs we're using are from Traxxion:
http://www.traxxion.com/harley-david...onupgrade.aspx
there is an awesome thread that is worth a read, that'll tell you everything you need to know about the upgrade. I believe its just a few threads down from this one called Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs.
Its a great upgrade, I'll be doing mine the 10th.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:28 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by EastBay_Solo
Question homie @SquidHead sorry to hi jack here but what site are you guys using to buy your front end suspension kits?
Traxxion Dynamics for the springs.

Ricor for the Intiminators.

http://store.ricorshocks.com.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:28 PM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
EastBay, Its not a kit, kind of a do it yourself kit. The ricor intiminators are sold by ricor:
http://store.ricorshocks.com/harley_davidson_s/27.htm
And the springs we're using are from Traxxion:
there is an awesome thread that is worth a read, that'll tell you everything you need to know about the upgrade. I believe its just a few threads down from this one called Ricor Intiminators with Traxxion Straight Rate Springs.
Its a great upgrade, I'll be doing mine the 10th.
Good **** mang! I will take a look at the thread now.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:53 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by EastBay_Solo
Good **** mang! I will take a look at the thread now.
See you in three weeks. That's a long three.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's