Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 05:48 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Lockshow
Finally got my Risers and bars back from Jim at Forbidden Motorcycles. Great guy to deal with. Risers look amazing! Had him drill the risers and bars for internal wiring. ODI Controlled Flex Technology bars with the CR High bend option. 11 inch FM risers. Gonna rattle can the risers gloss black. Thinking baxter grips will be put on. Thanks "SLV" for helping me out and giving me input for this setup!
You're really going to dig the MX bar setup. Take your time with the wiring. I hope your holes are large enough, I had to Dremem mine.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Lockshow
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
You're really going to dig the MX bar setup. Take your time with the wiring. I hope your holes are large enough, I had to Dremem mine.
Yep I remember you telling me that so I had him drill the holes larger than he normally does so I hope that does the trick! Thanks again dude!

Old 02-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 482 Likes on 231 Posts

I don't have any new pictures, but will have a ton soon. It's winter here in MA so she's torn down awaiting a list of goodies I've been wanting for a while.

-Bassani short RR 2-1
-Bagger brembos with 11.8 floating rotors
-Rigid industries 6" LED light bar
-Sputhe stabilizer
-Tires (MCII's probably)
-Motor work. Unsure how much I want to spend - Just 88" with cams, or 95" with cams, maybe headwork, etc…not sure yet.
-Most likely a fork bag stereo from the Powder Pro, sick of headphones.
And probably some little stuff I'm forgetting.

I know it's worthless without pics I'm just excited! haha. Only thread I check all the time.

Random Sidenote: I got into this style because I grew up with a harley-riding and building father, but I wanted more speed (handling) Rode dirt bikes all my life, then supermoto, so I wanted to combine the two and boom, my FXDX was born!…..Shiftace, your DX was one of the first of this style I had seen and was a big reason I bought my DX, so thanks!

Old 02-04-2014, 07:40 PM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Puglia. Western or Eastern MA? Saw a pic of your 87 and it's really nice. Looking forward to seeing you other bike. That 87 is exactly what I was looking for when I bought my dyna, very nice.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 482 Likes on 231 Posts

thanks kp877! Eastern MA (north shore)

Here's the 87 softail. Handles for **** but its a fun bar hopper and gets a lot of looks. My dad built it all himself in '94 (?) and still looks great...it was the first Harley I rode, owned, and I'll never get rid of it…. I rode it 2,000 miles in 5 days before I bought my dyna.

Name:  100_0114.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  180.2 KB

And since this is the Dyna thread, here's the latest pic of my DX, and the last one looking like this with the stock pipes and AC
Name:  1014035_10151750792190100_1870555765_n_zpsef72b196.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  51.0 KB

Old 02-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Hookem2255
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Puglia10
I don't have any new pictures, but will have a ton soon. It's winter here in MA so she's torn down awaiting a list of goodies I've been wanting for a while.

-Bassani short RR 2-1
-Bagger brembos with 11.8 floating rotors
-Rigid industries 6" LED light bar
-Sputhe stabilizer
-Tires (MCII's probably)
-Motor work. Unsure how much I want to spend - Just 88" with cams, or 95" with cams, maybe headwork, etc…not sure yet.
-Most likely a fork bag stereo from the Powder Pro, sick of headphones.
And probably some little stuff I'm forgetting.

I know it's worthless without pics I'm just excited! haha. Only thread I check all the time.

Random Sidenote: I got into this style because I grew up with a harley-riding and building father, but I wanted more speed (handling) Rode dirt bikes all my life, then supermoto, so I wanted to combine the two and boom, my FXDX was born!…..Shiftace, your DX was one of the first of this style I had seen and was a big reason I bought my DX, so thanks!
So Im not the only one wanting to use a light bar somehow!!! Whats your plan? I was thinking the Dually's mounted low on the forward controls....cant wait to see it!

Old 02-04-2014, 08:44 PM
BobbedStreet247
Stage I

Anyone have any hunches as to why this style is not very common on the east coast? im from Delaware which is by no means a motorcycle hot bed but i travel quite often and have ridden through philly, new york, and d.c. and i cant say that i have ever seen the faring and t bars look over this way. just curious if there is a reason or just the way it is.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:03 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 827 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Puglia10
thanks kp877! Eastern MA (north shore)

Here's the 87 softail. Handles for **** but its a fun bar hopper and gets a lot of looks. My dad built it all himself in '94 (?) and still looks great...it was the first Harley I rode, owned, and I'll never get rid of it…. I rode it 2,000 miles in 5 days before I bought my dyna.

And since this is the Dyna thread, here's the latest pic of my DX, and the last one looking like this with the stock pipes and AC
Damn bro, thanks! Hey your bike is looking badass even before your current upgrades. Glad I could have influenced you a little. There were lots of dudes I looked at and emulated as well. Can't wait to see how it looks when its done.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:51 PM
Windex
Advanced

Name:  ScreenShot2014-02-05at123931AM.png
Views: 383
Size:  557.3 KB

First contribution.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:30 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Windex

First contribution.
Really nice list of mods in your sig, man (bike looks good too).
Did you do the work yourself or did you find an Indy who didn't ask questions? A lot of guys down in my area are having trouble finding anyone to do any upgrades to the 2014s that aren't bone stock.

Are you keeping the stock side plate, or working on a mod for it?

TIP: If you hit the inside of the upper plexiglass lens on your fairing with some rattle-can flat/satin black, it will look just like the vivid black paint on the rest of the fairing.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's